How to make the SpaceMouse Pro as dumb as possible

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion Windows Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

est_pinkowski

How to make the SpaceMouse Pro as dumb as possible

Post by est_pinkowski »

I'm currently using the SpaceMouse Pro through the HID-interface (in my use case this was the only option which worked reliably). Now it still works reliable, but I want to disable all functionality I don't need, this includes the radial menus, numpad, a.s.o.
I'd be quite happy if I only got my HID-data and no overlays and special functionality. I want the SpaceMouse to work only with my handler and all other applications which may have focus should ignore it. Which XML-files do I need to edit, so input is completely ignored. I already tried to remove a few config-files as posted in another thread, but I still get the 3DxNumpad when pressing '1'.

My other problem is regarding pressing the 1, 2, 3 and 4 buttons for a longer time. I don't want any menu, I just want to have those buttons just work as button 1, 2, 3 and 4, no matter how long I press them. So, pressing button 1 a longer time should be interpreted as button 1, not showing some kind of overlay/menu.
jwick

Re: How to make the SpaceMouse Pro as dumb as possible

Post by jwick »

Make a new Cfg for your app with <Transport>HID</Transport>.
Then map all the buttons to go directly to your application rather than get used by the driver for the On Screen Display, etc.

For focus, you can set <Grab>true</Grab> and only your app will get the events regardless of focus. I think you always get the events; this just tells the driver that no one else should get the events. There are still OS ways around that.