Autodesk Revit4 users can now enjoy the unparalleled navigation experience of a 3Dconnexion 3D Mouse, bringing benefits to every step of the design process, across both 2D and 3D workflows.
A 3D mouse enables you to take hold of your designs as if you’re holding them in your hand or you can easily switch to walk or fly mode for smooth and intuitive walkthroughs.
Whatever you’re doing in Revit, it’s easier, faster, more comfortable and more enjoyable with a 3Dconnexion 3D mouse.
- Conceptual Massing: The superior 3D navigation enabled by a 3D mouse provides unprecedented control over preliminary building models.
- 3D Modeling: Use the 3D mouse to position and visualize your model with unprecedented ease and precision while the other hand uses the traditional mouse to select, create and edit. Combine this with an array of programmable function keys3 that deliver quick access to frequently used tools, and you have a fluid, productive design process for families and buildings alike.
- Model Co-ordination: Whether you work on your own or as part of a multi-discipline team, a 3D mouse makes it easier to understand how models come together or where improvements need to be made, resulting in overall improvements to the BIM design workflow.
- Client Presentation: A 3D mouse is a powerful tool to help clients
visualize the project in cinematic like motion with smooth transitions from one perspective to another giving the viewer a sense of being in the actual space being shown.
Why users rely on 3Dconnexion 3D mice
- Increase Productivity by more than 20%1: When working with one hand, you can either navigate your model or select commands. With a 3D mouse you can do both at once saving you valuable time.
- Enhanced Comfort: Up to 50% fewer mouse clicks2 by spreading the workload across both hands.
- Design Performance1: Whether you’re creating conceptual design or detailed 3D models, the superior navigation experience encourages creativity and exploration resulting in better designs and less errors.
1 Source: The Economic Payback of 3D Mice white paper - July 2008
2 Source: Reducing Physical Discomfort and Pain Among 3D Computer Users - VSI Risk Management and Ergonomics ©2005
3 Programmable function keys are available on the SpaceMouse Pro and SpacePilot Pro
4 Revit 2012 or later
Find more details on the official Autodesk Revit website. Go to Revit website
User Video - Revit
Find out why you need a 3Dconnexion 3D mouse more
Perkowitz+Ruth saw the value of the productivity and design benefits working with a 3D mice. More
Autodesk Revit MEP
"It has greatly improved the speed of my drafting and designing. The programmable buttons are amazing once you get used to having those buttons assigned to a command with in the program. Saves time from going to the keyboard to make sure you are hitting the correct keystroke for the command."
Travis Beecher, BIM/CAD Manager drafter, Spectrum Engineers
Autodesk Revit Architecture
"It is especially useful working on either larger-scale conceptual massing models or small scaled, detailed elements - like exterior wall families."
Mark Schmieding, Senior Associate, DeStefano Partner
Autodesk Revit Structure
"Panning, zooming, rotating 3d view major improvement. Also love the walk through capabilities. I love the customizable buttons and having keyboard modifiers on the 3d mouse so you dont have to move back to the keyboard for common shortcuts."
Rebecca Frangipane, Structural Technician/BIM Consultant, KJWW Engineering Consultants