New ad: "Ready for Google Earth PC + MAC"

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

getme

New ad: "Ready for Google Earth PC + MAC"

Post by getme »

German computer magazine c't 9/07 has an ad from 3dconnextion on page 43 which prominently says:
Ready for Google Earth PC + MAC
That's great news, since if it wasn't true, 3dconnextion would be in major trouble now.

Update: 2 months later (June) it's there now, and it rocks!
Last edited by getme on Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nitrox

Waiting for Google Earth

Post by Nitrox »

:(
Yes we are still waiting for GoogleEarth support. What kind of business is that?
getme

Post by getme »

Any news on the subject? :?
paulbrown83

Post by paulbrown83 »

I dont think they realize just how many of these SpaceNavigators they will sell once they have the mac support. The minute they post confirmation that it does indeed work with GE on the mac, I will buy one.
quinn

Post by quinn »

If this is true and thousands of mac users will buy the SN 3Dconnexion will be in big trouble. In Germany, there are various customer protection organisations which will give a written warning to a company who advertises major features which are not implemented. Legal actions due to german law could be second threat for the company and their reps.
znissan
User
User

Post by znissan »

Hello everyone:

I have to once again apologize for the frustration this delay has caused to you all.

As I have posted before, we recognize that we might have committed an error showing a technology demonstration at Mac World too early -- we were excited to show the Mac community the technology that would be available in the near future, and that was the event at which to do it.

3Dconnexion is an honest company that cares about all its customers, and we certainly do not want anyone to feel deceived in any way. I wish today I could post that the support in GE for Mac is now available, but I look forward to doing that very soon and with the hope that you will all forgive us. I promise as well to post again in the next few days.

Thank you all for your feedback,

Ziva Nissan
3Dconnexion, Inc.
EMoeller

Google Earth Developers Day

Post by EMoeller »

Thanks for the update, however I still find it very strange that more information cannot be provided to customers who have purchased SpaceNavigator.

Google will hold their next Developers Day, May 31st at locations througout the world. Last year they released some major upgrades to GE and I would expect the same this year.

Although speculation on my part, I believe this next release will include support for the SpaceNavigator built in.

In the meantime thanks to all on the forum who provided informaton on ControllerMate. I broke down and purchased it and it does provide a good way to use SN with GE, NOW.

Regards, Eric
Nitrox

Post by Nitrox »

New Google Earth with SpaceNavigator under:
http://www.versiontracker.com/macosx/
:D

Nitrox
getme

Post by getme »

Awesome!

Ordered mine yesterday, got it today from Amazon (here in Germany).
One more enthusiastic and happy customer.

I bought it only because of Google Earth Mac support that is now available, and it's amazing indeed.

The wait is finally over, and it was worthwile. Thanks 3dconnexion!
znissan
User
User

Post by znissan »

And thank you for the great feedback! Enjoy your SpaceNavigator.

Ziva Nissan
3Dconnexion, Inc.
mnierychlo

Post by mnierychlo »

getme wrote: it was worthwile.[/b]!
worthwile? Does anything works smooth with google earth and space navigator?

marek