Button Config In Catia V5

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

WillB

Button Config In Catia V5

Post by WillB »

Hi,
Can anyone help me out. I am trying to assign different commands to my SPP in Catia V5 R18, When in Catia I can assign any commands I want to the buttons however the button numbers shown in the catia screen do not match the numbers on the SPP, also I can only seem to program 15 buttons with catia commands and these buttons are all the view/orientation buttons. I want to assign buttons 1-10 with catia commands and the view buttons as views but the 15 allocated buttons in catia start with the view keys.

If you can understand my explanation and know a solution please let me know.
Fred

Re: Button Config In Catia V5

Post by Fred »

FAQ:
http://www.3dconnexion.com/faq/58

SpacePilot Pro support in CATIA V5
Full SpacePilot Pro button support is available with Service Pack 4 (SP4) for CATIA V5 R19.

Users of CATIA V5 R19 SP3 and earlier can use the SpacePilot Pro with the following limitations: no access to ISO2 and 90-degree rotation views functions, and button programmability in the application is limited to the first 15 buttons.
WillB

Post by WillB »

Thanks Fred,

Is there any way to change the buttons that he first 15 relate to? If there was I can set my views the standard way and assign buttons 1-10 in the SPP through catia?
Fred

Post by Fred »

Map in the Catia Button mapping editor this overwrites the3DControl panel.
Catia has its own button mapping editor inside the application. The internal Catia has priority over mapping done from 3Dconnexion Properties. For your button mapping to be saved to your Catia profile it must be done inside Catia .

The Catia button mapping editor is opened from the 'Customize buttons' icon on the 3DxDevice toolbar. The 3Dx Device toolbar is hidden by default in Catia. Use View->Toolbars->3DxDevice to display the toolbar.
WillB

Post by WillB »

Thanks Fred but that is the way I have been doing it and assigning commands to the buttons is not a problem. However it seems that in the Catia Button Customisation window button 1-15 actually relate to Menu, Fit, T,B,R,L,F,Bk, ISO1, ISO2, Roll + and Roll -, 1,2 3 Is there a way to swap this so that I can program buttons 1-10 the way I want them. This way I can program the view orientations outside of catia and have better use of my first 15 buttons!
Barbara

Post by Barbara »

Hello WillB -

As Fred mentioned, you are using a version of Catia before support for all of the Space Pilot PRO buttons was added in CATIA V5 R19 SP4.

The Catia editor was designed to have priority over other button mapping. That causes any changes made outside of Catia to be overwritten by the Catia commands each time the application is re-started. Catia uses the 3Dconnexion device driver to identify the device - it does not use 3Dconnexion button mapping.

You would need to upgrade your Catia version to be able to map all of the Space Pilot PRO buttons for Catia.
-------------
Barbara
WillB

Post by WillB »

Okay thanks, I guess I am just going to have to live with it as I cant upgrade Catia as it is a corporate licence controlled by IT. Thanks for the help any way.