SpacePilot Pro - View Buttons SLOW after being customized

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

cn7

SpacePilot Pro - View Buttons SLOW after being customized

Post by cn7 »

Sorry if this has been discussed before!

I am having an issue when I customize buttons on the SpacePilot Pro.

I feel the standard configuration for the view buttons is not very intuitive, so I reprogrammed them to be a faster configuration for me.

The trouble is that customized / reprogrammed buttons become very slow!

Example: For the 5 button view pad, I want the bottom left one to be "front" view, just like standard, but instead of holding it down for two seconds to go to the "back" view, I set the bottom right button to go to "back" view.

The issue is, when I push the bottom right button to go to the back of my model, it takes a couple seconds for it to spin the model around. This is kind of annoying because when I push the front button, it is immediate!

Is there any way to make going to "back" instant? Is there a speed control of any type?

It seems to me that perhaps, the function to go to the "back" view is automatically delayed for two seconds, kind of like when you would normally hold the front button for 2 seconds to go to the back view (standard configuration).

BTW, I am using the SpacePilot Pro with SolidWorks on Windows 7.

Thanks!
Barbara

Re: SpacePilot Pro - View Buttons SLOW after being customize

Post by Barbara »

Hi cn7 -

Trying to duplicate the problem you are seeing with SolidWorks views on the Space Pilot PRO, the 'Back' view works seems to work with the same speed when mapped to a different button.

In order to test whether what you are seeing is related to the short press/long press feature, try mapping the 'Back' view to a single command button like ESC or ALT. Do you see a delay there ?

If you map a different view like 'Bottom' to another button, do you also see a delay or are you seeing it only with the 'Back' view command?
-----------------
Barbara