Rhino Crashes

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

dfurlano

Rhino Crashes

Post by dfurlano »

Not sure what the problem is kind of a long story.

Win7 64bit, Asus Z77, I7 3770k, 16g ram

Video card is a Firepro V5900, for input I use the 3d spacemouse pro, wacom intous 5 touch, logitech wireless trackball.

Zbrush 4r6 and Rhino5 along with Adobe CS5, MS office

For 5 months the system worked perfectly no issues whatsoever. One day the video went out zero video output swapped out the card and everything worked. Called AMD and got an RMA for a new card.

Put in the new card. reinstalled the drivers (did a clean uninstall). At first seemed like everything was working fine until I opened Rhino. It randomly would freeze and a window popped up saying the video driver stopped working and was reset but Rhino was hung and I would have to exit and re-start.

I called AMD and they had me try 3 different video drivers one specifically for Rhino. Not different it would work for a random amount of time from a few minutes to an hour then freeze. I then uninstalled Rhino and cleaned everything out of the register and reinstalled but it still freezes.

I called AMD and they don't know why it would only crash in Rhino. I called Rhino they never heard of the problem. Zbrush works fine but then again I only use the Wacom in Zbrush.

The other day I noticed if I did not have the spacemouse pro plugged in I could not crash Rhino with my mouse. I tried uninstalling the beta driver and reinstalling the latest driver release version 3.17.6 driver version 6.17.6 firmware 4.34 (also the text in the about box has a logo overlaying it making it difficult to read, see attachment).

So my question is the video card screwed up or is the spacemouse pro driver causing Rhino to crash? Is there a log I can look at that may indicate if there is a problem?

Thanks in advance.

Dan
Attachments
3d.JPG
3d.JPG (45.76 KiB) Viewed 4471 times
UtaSH

Re: Rhino Crashes

Post by UtaSH »

Hi dfurlano,

you can try the log of the driver, but I would say as Rhino is the one who crashes we need a log from Rhino. Unfortunately I don't know where you find it and how ot activate the logging if necessary. I can only tell you that you can activate the logging of the driver in the 3Dconnexion properties in the menu "Tools". Activate the entry "Write Log File". The log file is written in the folder %APPDATA%\3Dconnexion\3DxWare. The name is 3DxWare.log and the driver always overwrites it if it starts.