SpaceMouse Enterprise - buttons AutoCAD

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

kpt Żbik

SpaceMouse Enterprise - buttons AutoCAD

Post by kpt Żbik »

SpaceMouse Enterprise - Is it possible to implement AutoCAD buttons and commands to work with AutoCAD LT?
Currently, I have created a few macros and icons, but the AutoCAD menu has links to views and layers that I cannot define in AutoCAD LT.

kpt Zbik
kpt Żbik

Re: SpaceMouse Enterprise - buttons AutoCAD

Post by kpt Żbik »

I don't speak English very well, so maybe I'll attach a picture and a summary.
How to export these settings with commands and icons and assign them to AutoCAD LT.
Attachments
auto.jpg
auto.jpg (165.47 KiB) Viewed 426 times
kpt Żbik

Post by kpt Żbik »

kpt Żbik wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 11:30 pm I don't speak English very well, so maybe I'll attach a picture and a summary.
How to export these settings with commands and icons and assign them to AutoCAD LT.
The image shows that I need to select a tab with AutoCAD commands.
Or how to make a macro with layers, enable, freeze, isolate, etc.
or assigning commands to a new macro?
Attachments
auto2.jpg
auto2.jpg (237.53 KiB) Viewed 161 times
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

AutoCAD LT is a scaled down build of AutoCAD proper.

3Dconnexion maintains an ObjectARX application (an AutoCAD plug-in) to export the application commands, allowing users to assign them to device buttons and in macros. Since AutoCAD LT does not support ObjectARX, the plug-in is not available in LT and users need to use more basic solution (like keyboard shortcuts).
Nuno Gomes
kpt Żbik

Post by kpt Żbik »

Defining keyboard shortcuts to most AutoCAD functions is very difficult or sometimes impossible.
I dealt with the topic in such a way that I check with what command the function is run and create a new macro and enter the command but as text. I draw my icon without a background and attach it as a 24 pixel image.
My solution requires a lot of work to describe all the functions I need from scratch, but should then allow you to enjoy using SpaceMaus at work.
I attach a picture with an example of how I made a button to create a circle. I will try to show how it looks when I do the whole thing.
Attachments
makro2.jpg
makro2.jpg (150.29 KiB) Viewed 76 times
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Like I tried to explain, AutoCAD LT does not load AutoCAD plug-in (ObjectARX applications in Autodesk parlance).

We would very much like to have a plug-in solution for AutoCAD LT or -- better still -- having the application itself supporting the driver button programming feature.