Buttons on Enterprise with Solidworks

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

woodulike

Buttons on Enterprise with Solidworks

Post by woodulike »

I've been using my spacemouse entreprise with Fusion 360 for nearly a year and in that time there have been changes so the SME now recognises when I am in a sketch and I can assign different commands just for the sketch.

I'm about to change jobs and the new company uses solidworks so I've been trying it out at home. I see I can assign different buttons in parts and assemblies but changing between Features, sketch, markup etc. doesn't change anything on the screen of the SME.

Is this normal or am I missing something? I'm used to having several drawing tools and constrains at my fingertips when in a sketch mode then changing back once I've finished the sketch. I was looking to do the same in SW but the screen doesn't change when I start a sketch.

Is this normal or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for any tips.
ngomes

Re: Buttons on Enterprise with Solidworks

Post by ngomes »

woodulike wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:20 am I'm about to change jobs and the new company uses solidworks so I've been trying it out at home. I see I can assign different buttons in parts and assemblies [...]
That's the expected behaviour. In SOLIDWORKS, the add-in will detect "part", "assembly" and "drawing" formats, following the document type.
Nuno Gomes
woodulike

Post by woodulike »

ngomes wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:40 am
woodulike wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:20 am I'm about to change jobs and the new company uses solidworks so I've been trying it out at home. I see I can assign different buttons in parts and assemblies [...]
That's the expected behaviour. In SOLIDWORKS, the add-in will detect "part", "assembly" and "drawing" formats, following the document type.
But is it possible for it to recognise when I am in a sketch?

Maybe the workflow is different in SW. Over the next few weeks I'll find out if I still miss having differnt commands on the buttons when sketching or if it isn't necessary.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

woodulike wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:04 pm But is it possible for it to recognise when I am in a sketch?
No. The add-in follows the document type: part, assembly or drawing are the recognised contexts.
woodulike

Post by woodulike »

OK, thanks. That is clear!
tomtra

Post by tomtra »

Hello. I am pretty disappointed to find out about this "feature" after purchasing the product. Even in the official help PDF document, a sketch environment is listed as an example of various environments. And that is right under the title for Solidworks features. What is the time plan for implementing this into the drivers? On a different forum topic, I have found a number of bug tracking but cannot find any public information about the progress.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

tomtra wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:45 am Even in the official help PDF document, a sketch environment is listed as an example of various environments. And that is right under the title for Solidworks features.
That would be misleading, yes. Can you indicate what PDF document exactly are you referring to?