This is for all frustrated users of older unsupported devices and Windows 7 64 bit.
I have read quite a bit of posts from frustrated users that were complaining they cannot use perfectly fine 3DWare hardware that is not supported anymore by 3DConnection.
I managed to have my Spacetraveler3 working on a I7 2600k machine with 16Gb memory and Win7 64 professional.
I have tested it sucessfully with PTC Creo (WF5)
The post that I used was under:
in addition to that list, I found that SpaceTraveler3 does not work in a USB3 port.
The full list of steps I use is:
1. Install the 3DxSoftware driver version 3.7.22
[ Placed for you in case the 3DConnection loses it, at:
(Please take it from there, in order to keep it alive)
2. Change the 3dxsrv.exe file properties to run as an administrator
3. Change the 3dxsrv.exe file properties to run in compatibility mode for Windows Vista service pack 2
4. Add the 3dxsrv.exe file to Windows Firewall as an allowed program
5. Add the 3dxsrv.exe file to any Firewall, Antivirus you might have, as a trusted application.
6. Make sure the SpaceTraveler is plugged in an USB2 (not USB3) port.