space navigator not recognised

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Rick_24

same problems

Post by Rick_24 »

I have SpacePilot Pro and driver install works well.
But if i restart my computer, my SpacePilot Pro will not works anymore.
I tried plug USB out and in but does not help.
Stop and start driver will not work, 3Dconnexion Control Panel too.
Only reinstall driver will work but i do not want reinstall driver ever time
i restart my computer, it is annoying and irritation.
I want try upgrade firmware, it looks like solutions for users here.
Moderators: can you help me please?
My computer run Windows XP pro 32-bit.
Barbara

same problems

Post by Barbara »

Hello Rick_24-

The firmware update is for the Space Navigator and Space Explorer. What you are seeing with your SpacePilotPRO sounds like a different issue.

When we see the driver not able to start in the usual way but able to start when installing the software , the cause is most often security software such as a firewall.

You will need to create an exception in your security software to allow the 3Dconnexion software - 3dxsrv.exe

[C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3Dconnexion 3DxSoftware\3Dxware\3dxsrv.exe]

You can find the area for exceptions in your software by checking it's help function for 'exceptions' or 'exclusions'.

If it is a personal PC, you can verify that security software is what is preventing the 3Dconnexion software from starting by disconnecting from the internet and turning off any firewall/security applications.

The LCD on the SpacePilotPRO is run by a separate application - Logitech LCD Manager. One you allow the 3Dconnexion software , if you find that the driver is able to start but not the LCD Manager, you will also need to add an exception for lcdmon.exe.

-------------------------
Barbara
Rick_24

driver work well

Post by Rick_24 »

Barbara, thanks you.
I have added folder "...\3Dxware" to exceptions in my firewall (Online Armor)
and problems solved!
Logitech LCD Manager have no problems.

I have another question:
How to get 3D mouse powered off when i turn my computer off?
When i turn my computer off, LCD display goes off but LCD backlight
and blue LED light stay on.
I have currently 2 solutions:
- Plug USB out, but that is no real solution.
- Turn LCD backlight off (press "LCD Key") then stop driver and then
turn computer off.
Are there better methode to power off my 3D mouse?
Barbara

Post by Barbara »

Hello Rick_24 -

On PCs with 'PowerOn USB' the power to the USB port remains available after the PC is turned off. When plugged into this type of port the device lights remain on. 'PowerOn USB' is turned on/off in the BIOS.

There is a setting in 3Dconnexion Properties to turn off the blue LEDs under Tools-Enable LEDs.The gear button on the top right side of the SpacePilotPRO turns the LCD off.

When you plug in the SpacePilotPRO - or any of the 3Dconnexion devices - the blue LED turns on using the USB power even when the driver has not been started.

On most PCs turning the driver off turns off both lights. Right-clicking the 3Dconnexion tray icon and choosing Exit turns off the driver as well as the 'Stop Driver' shortcut in the Start menu.

------------
Barbara
awkanu

Firmware

Post by awkanu »

Can anyone can tell me where to find this firmware update?
Barbara

Post by Barbara »

Hello awkanu -

We need to first check that what you are seeing matches the specific circumstances the firmware addresses. I've sent you a PM.

------------
Barbara
gnax

SPACE NAVIGATOR

Post by gnax »

As I read, I have the same problem of many people.
My XP PRO system recognize the connection of the SN, I can see it in the list of the hardware devices, but I can't start the driver.
If I try to stop the driver, an error message tell me "driver not running"
I've just tried to disable antivirus, firewall, restart 10000 times, change driver version, change USB port, disconnect and reconect 100 times ...
The SN seems to be died, but it works fine if connected to a different PC.

The configuration is:

INTEL CORE2 DUO 6320 1,86 GHZ
4GB RAB
XP PRO SP3
ATI Radeon HD5450

HELP ME PLEASE !!!!!
Gnax
Barbara

SPACE NAVIGATOR

Post by Barbara »

Hello gnax -

The issue corrected by the firmware update is one that happens on Win7 PCs.

With XP there are a couple of other steps to take. You will need to do a clean install of the 3Dconnexion software since the problem could be with a registry key.

Your Space Navigator should be recognized in Device Manager in the Human Interface Devices category as shown here. You can remove it from Device Manager and let Windows recognize it again.

Since the Space Navigator works on another PC , the clean install should correct the problem.

-------------------
Barbara
bobbesmegen

Post by bobbesmegen »

Hi barbara,

I would like to recieve the firmware update too. I have all the already said symptomes..No LED, no responce and so on
Fred

Post by Fred »

Please contact the Helpdesk
http://www.3dconnexion.com/contact.html
bobbesmegen

Post by bobbesmegen »

Fred wrote:Please contact the Helpdesk
http://www.3dconnexion.com/contact.html
Already did that, but since barbara PM's everyone with the firmware update, i dont have to explain the whole story again to the contact page which i find hard to do because im dutch and im not that good at english.
Fred

Post by Fred »

Contact the Helpdesk that handles your area. they will send you the info you are requesting. Tell them you have already posted in the forum and include the link.
viewtopic.php?t=4648

The patch is for particlar circumstances and may require additional troubleshooting or replacement of the device.
keremetes

Latest Win7 64bit problem.

Post by keremetes »

Hi,
Hope you can help me. I bought a new space navigator and i installed the latest win7 64bit drivers and software like the cd setup asked me to do and space navigator was working perfect (with google earth, maya 2011 and 3ds max BUT when I formatted my computer and re-installed win7 64bit the device isnt working now. The blue lights are on and the 3dconnexions training software works with the device but no 3d application seems to be working (such as 3dsmax maya google earth, etc) The computer seems to recognize the device but the apps arent for some reason.

my system specs are ;

intel quad CORE Q9559
asus ROG mobo
ati radeon hd4800x2
6gb ddr3 memorry.
hope you can help me , thank you.
UtaSH

Re: Latest Win7 64bit problem.

Post by UtaSH »

Hi keremetes,

did you install the 3DxSoftware driver after you installed the 3D applications? If not please do an update of the installation.
anniewhite

Post by anniewhite »

I'm having the same problem. I did this update after the installation. So should I go back and start he processes over from the beginning? Since I mistakenly did it out of order?