Less than one week ago 3Dconnexion released the first public beta of 3DxWare 10 for both Windows and Mac OS X. The response has been tremendous with feedback coming in from many different directions (Facebook
, 3DxLabs e-mail
, comment sections, and more).
Among all the suggestions and ideas for improvement, one request has been loud and clear: Support for SpacePilot
We have listened and we are very pleased to announce that support for SpacePilot will be added to 3DxWare 10 Beta for Windows.
The development schedule is now being reviewed. Beta 9 for Windows is nearing completion and will proceed as planned, with a release expected on or before Friday 8th April. We are targeting SpacePilot support in Beta 10 which will follow 3 to 4 weeks later.
Beta 9 (Windows)
- Fix: Keyboard modifier keys on device are now released;
- Change: Tab key can now be entered in macro editor and Advanced Motion page.
- Additionally, we have made some minor stabilisation fixes to driver and installer.
Beta 10 (Windows)
- New: SpacePilot support on 3DxWare 10 for Windows
- Change: Performance improvements to the Properties panel
- Change: Improvements to 2D mouse emulation
Edit: Beta 9 was made available for download on April 8, 2011.
Edit 2: Beta 10 was made available for download
on May 5, 2011.