Install Error for 3dx plugins

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

stalkeron

Install Error for 3dx plugins

Post by stalkeron »

At first, the device installed and worked fine.

Without me installing anything new, one day it stopped working inside Maya 2011, saying it can't find _3dx motion event. Worked fine in Photoshop.

Tried to reinstall, same problem. Erased from registry as best I could, now it did not install the maya driver at all anymore, the driver was not present in the plug-in panel to activate manually inside maya, as it was in a previous install before that.

Tried to make another clean install with JV Tools and delete all keys that had the 3dx prefix, then reboot and reinstall.

Now I can only install the original drivers I had with the device, on the CD. even though they do not contain the driver for Photoshop CS5, it still works. Not the case with Maya, though.

If i try to install any of the Update drivers for Windows7 64 bits, even the latest, it gives me this message:

Eror 1402. Could not open key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE32\SOFTWARE\3Dconnexion\3DxPhotoshop
Verify that you have sufficient access to that key or contact your support personel.

the I press 'enter' and I get:
3Dconnexion Plug-in for Photoshop CS3-CS5 installation failed. Eror 1603 Do you wish to continue.

I press 'yes' and I get the same error message concerning 3dxMaya

I have the firewall deactivated and am running as administrator...

I do not want to have to reinstall Windows because of this problem.

Please advise...
UtaSH

Re: Install Error for 3dx plugins

Post by UtaSH »

Hello stalkeron,

did you check that registry key that you list if you have access to it? Maybe you do a full uninstall and re-install as described here. The registry keys that cause problems should be deleted during that process. Then try the installation again.

Check if the files are copied correctly to C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3Dconnexion 3DxSoftware\3DxMaya64. You should have a readme.txt there and 5 folders: 3DxHelp, icons, scripts, win32, x64.

Let me know which files you find in you installation directory (including subfolders) of Maya 2011 that start with 3Dx or C3Dx. Do you have a file MagellanStartup.mel in the subfolder scripts\startup of you Maya 2011 installation directory?
stalkeron

Post by stalkeron »

hello,

Fortunately or not, I did a complete system install and the problem disappeared with that:)

Thanks for the help
stalkeron

Post by stalkeron »

I was trying to update to the new driver(old driver was working only for some softare, anyway, had errors inside Maya) 3.12.3 from driver 3.11.3

First, I had an error that I did not have permission for the registry keys. I tried a clean install, deleted the files from the appdata and program files, tried to delete the values with regedit.

Now I get the following errors:

The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable

Click ok to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the instalation package 3Dx Maya64.msi' in the box below

Error 1714. The older version of 3D Connexion Plug-in for Maya cannot be removed.

The same messages for Photshop

Please advise

Thanks
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi stalkeron,

please install again the old version (3.11.3). Then please follow the instructions from this article about the clean uninstall. Hopefully then your machine is ready for the newer version. Please post your results here .