Autodesk Inventor 2011 crash after SP1

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

beau tech

Autodesk Inventor 2011 crash after SP1

Post by beau tech »

Since installing the service pack 1 to my Inventor 2011 it now crashes with the 3d connex installed. I tried uninstalling 3d connex and no crashes. I then reinstalled using the latest drivers and crashes again. So far Autodesks response is uninstall the device. I also have the latest graphic card drivers installed.

I really like the 3d connex. Please help with this.

Space Navigator
Release version: 3.11.3
Driver version: 6.11.1
Firmware version: 4.04
Vista 64 bit
8 g ram
Nvidia Geoforce 9800-GT card
UtaSH

Re: Autodesk Inventor 2011 crash after SP1

Post by UtaSH »

Hi beau tech,

I just had AutoCAD 2011 running on a Vista 64bit machine. Service Pack 1 was installed for AutoCAD, too. I had no problems so far.

Does AutoCAD 2011 crash as soon as you start it? Or as soon as you touch the 3D mouse? Or just after a while?

Could you please activate "Write Log File" in the 3Dconnexion Control Panel (menu "Tools")? Then please stop the driver and restart it. Restart as well AutoCAD. If AutoCAD crashes again please go to %APPDATA%\3Dconnexion\3DxWare and copy the file 3DxWare.log to another place where you will find it later. I'll send you a PM with an email address where you can send the log file to if it is too large for posting it here.

Thanks,
beau tech

Post by beau tech »

I am using Inventor not Autocad.

I have uninstalled the drivers because I have a hot project that I am working on. When I am finished with it I will reinstall the drivers and do what you have requested.

Thanks for your help.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Ooops! :shock: Sorry for the confusion.

I installed Inventor 2011 + SP1 on a WinXP 64bit machine and tested it roughly. No problem. I'll see if I can do the test on a Vista64 machine.

I am looking forward for more details from you. :-)