<DONE> SpaceNavigator Driver - Mouse Joystick Keyboard

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Fred02

Post by Fred02 »

Hi RBC9 ,

i played with your driver for some time now and i'm very happy with it.

On applications which have a user interface and the focus, it works very well!

One thing i didn't find out yet: Is it possible to set the mouse cursor to a certain position (say 100,200) and then click the left mouse button (or something like that)?

What i am missing is a field where i can describe the meaning of the current binding. That would be important because after a week or so, i don't remember what that keystrokes should do.

Another thing, that i am not sure if it was meant as it is implemented:
If i bind to a key, there is a checkbox with the label "Repeat key".
If the box is unchecked, the key repeats with full speed.
I would expect it to not repeat at all (only one single keystroke).
But if this behaviour is intended, how do i achieve a single keystroke?

Best regards
Fred
RBC9

Post by RBC9 »

Fred02 wrote:Hi RBC9 ,

i played with your driver for some time now and i'm very happy with it.

On applications which have a user interface and the focus, it works very well!
not really the focused app , driver sends info to OS , he doesnt care about wich one receive and what it does with ..

hot-key on other app works ...
Fred02 wrote: One thing i didn't find out yet: Is it possible to set the mouse cursor to a certain position (say 100,200) and then click the left mouse button (or something like that)?
not implement , why not ... but a lot of other thing to do b4 :)
(i try to have a Spacepilot version this WE)
Fred02 wrote: What i am missing is a field where i can describe the meaning of the current binding. That would be important because after a week or so, i don't remember what that keystrokes should do.
great idea , and not too much work to add it ...

hop .. add to ToDo List :)
Fred02 wrote: Another thing, that i am not sure if it was meant as it is implemented:
If i bind to a key, there is a checkbox with the label "Repeat key".
If the box is unchecked, the key repeats with full speed.
I would expect it to not repeat at all (only one single keystroke).
But if this behaviour is intended, how do i achieve a single keystroke?

Best regards
Fred

the "repeat" when the check box is not checked , comes from Windows, not from my driver.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/usin ... trate.mspx

but i should add an option to wait for a "KeyUp" , something like a "infinite" delay.

but i should add this as an option , because in game u need keeping sending key , and it s not interpret as a new press/release ...
Fred02

Post by Fred02 »

RBC9 wrote:(i try to have a Spacepilot version this WE)
8) What a cool device! 8)

Best regards
Fred
agoenczi
User
User

Post by agoenczi »

Hi Fred02

I have understood that you haven't a docking station.

You should test if the driver runs. Start the Task Manager and sort the Process List by name. The driver is a process called 3dxsrv.exe. If it doesn't run try to start the driver manually.

Afterwards post the result here.
Fred02

Post by Fred02 »

Hi agoenczi,

thanks for the advice, i will test this evening, when i'm at home.

Best regards
Fred
Fred02

Post by Fred02 »

Hi RBC9,

i tried to install your driver on a third PC (a tablet PC) and have major difficulties.

Driver installation works and the SpaceNavigator is recognized in the device manager.

When i make a new binding, movements of the SpaceNavigator are recognized (the respective values change.

But when i try to get an output in an application (the editor for example), nothing happens.

Another item is: If i put the SpaceNavigator on another USB-socket than that where i installed the driver, it is not recognized any more (the blue LEDs don't shine and nothing happens).

I tried to bind the word "test" to an axis but after saving the binding and reentering the tool, "tts" was saved. This is reproduceable. Axis was the z-axis.

On my Desktop-PC all works well, however!

By the way: What is MX1000 Auto? If i click there, your application crashes.

Best regards
Fred
jesusrg

Post by jesusrg »

how can i use this driver with spacepilot? i tried to install it but didnt work.
Thanks.
RBC9

Post by RBC9 »

jesusrg wrote:how can i use this driver with spacepilot? i tried to install it but didnt work.
Thanks.
not possible at the moment , i hope doing this for this WE.

ChangeLog 02-15 :

- Error on Key 4 in multikey bind
- Hide MX1000 Menu for user without MX1000 Logitech Mouse
RBC9

Post by RBC9 »

Fred02 wrote: Another item is: If i put the SpaceNavigator on another USB-socket than that where i installed the driver, it is not recognized any more (the blue LEDs don't shine and nothing happens).
exact, i dont take time to look how to make my inf/driver PNP , so for now , u have to "install" the driver on each usb port u connect the device. (It doesnt create multiple copy , only reference in OS )

Fred02 wrote: I tried to bind the word "test" to an axis but after saving the binding and reentering the tool, "tts" was saved. This is reproduceable. Axis was the z-axis.
Adjust , a little mistake in my array ;)

Fred02 wrote: By the way: What is MX1000 Auto? If i click there, your application crashes.
AutoSwitch Layout for Logitech MX1000 Mouse ...
forgot to remove debug flag , the ,enu should not appear if don t have this device.
Fred02 wrote:Hi RBC9,

i tried to install your driver on a third PC (a tablet PC) and have major difficulties.

Driver installation works and the SpaceNavigator is recognized in the device manager.

When i make a new binding, movements of the SpaceNavigator are recognized (the respective values change.

But when i try to get an output in an application (the editor for example), nothing happens.
? strange ...

something with winndows tablet version ???

donno.

Is the SpaceNaw recognize as "RBC9 SpaceNav ...." ?

Are the new "HID Keyboard" and "HID Mouse" appears in ur device list ?

In game controler , is there a Spacenavigator Joystick ,

and in this case , has it 8 axies and 8 buttons ? could u create a simple Joystick bind and check if it move in the game controler preview ?

on other hand , if u clic on the tray icon , what the balloon shows ? ur Layout name , "Waiting for SpaceNav" or "Device not Present" ....
Fred02

Post by Fred02 »

Is the SpaceNaw recognize as "RBC9 SpaceNav ...." ?
Yes
Are the new "HID Keyboard" and "HID Mouse" appears in ur device list ?
Yes
In game controler , is there a Spacenavigator Joystick?

Yes, has 8 axis and 8 buttons
and in this case , has it 8 axies and 8 buttons ? could u create a simple Joystick bind and check if it move in the game controler preview ?
I'll have to try
on other hand , if u clic on the tray icon , what the balloon shows ? ur Layout name , "Waiting for SpaceNav" or "Device not Present" ....
My layout name

Best regards
Fred
RBC9

Post by RBC9 »

if u go in the "Edit Layout" or use the "Switch Layout" , the Blue Led flash (? blink ? sorry , in french "clignote" )
Fred02

Post by Fred02 »

RBC9 wrote:if u go in the "Edit Layout" or use the "Switch Layout" , the Blue Led flash (? blink ? sorry , in french "clignote" )
Oui! :D

Just no output.

Best regards
Fred
Fred02

Post by Fred02 »

Hi RBC9,

i installed the latest version and the MX1000-problem and the "test"-problem are gone.

But very strange:
Made a simple joystick bind and it works in the game controller preview!

But still no keystrokes or mouse-moves in my applications or on the desktop of my tablet (Car-PC). :(

By the way: on the Car-PC, your driver is the only one for SpaceNavigator an there is no docking station.

Best regards
Fred
Fred02

Post by Fred02 »

:D :D :D Problem solved!!! :D :D :D

I did my tests with the Car-PC via remote desktop (viewed the Car-PC's screen on my desktop) but SpaceNavigator hooked to the Car-PC, of course.

Obviously this was the problem. Viewing the screen of my Car-PC directly shows the keystrokes and mouse movements correctly.

So i'm very happy now!

Thank you for your efforts.

Best regards
Fred
RBC9

Post by RBC9 »

perfect ...

happy that u r happy ;)