<DONE> SpaceNavigator Driver - Mouse Joystick Keyboard

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Anumunrama

IT WORKS !!!!

Post by Anumunrama »

Hello again

I have tested the programm and it works with windows vista 64X and with the original driver from 3d connexion!!!

BUT it is realy lagging (slow an "unsmove") and you can´t play an game with it ... it is sensitiv and unsensitiv too ^^ but i think you can fix the problems with it

(again !!! my inglisch is bad so forgive me :P)
Anumunrama

Post by Anumunrama »

Is this thread dead ???
n00bcannonball

Post by n00bcannonball »

I hope it's not dead. I'm hoping somebody figures out how to get the Space Pilot working (or did somebody already?)
Don't panic, n00b shrapnel is only temporary...
pi3573

RBC9

Post by pi3573 »

hey guys whats up,
i moved to the coast and everything got shelved. where are we and what are we doing?
im still beta-ing Win7
Griff805

Re: Driver spacenavigator 64bit

Post by Griff805 »

DaVince wrote:Hi guys,

After reading the whole thread i found out that there still isn't a driver for the 64bit platform, so i looked further on google for a driver. Finally i found one from CCRDUDE who used RBC9's driver and made some adjustments to use it on de 64bit platform. Just click the link and follow the install instructions.

Here you can download it.
http://www.ccrdude.net/files/UniversalC ... -Setup.exe
I downloaded and installed on Vista x64. Works great. Didn't have to do anything but download and install. Then I went in and configured the axis' to do what I wanted. Now I can use the spacenavigator to scroll up and down webpages! Perfect-
McGiver

No more links to the RBC9 driver!

Post by McGiver »

Hello Everybody,
I'm new to this forum and just ordered a Space Navigator, to use it in my carpc setup based on streetdeck software.

Problem is that all the links to the RBC9 driver are not working!It is impossible to download it from anywhere.....
What happened to RBC9? We cannot use his clever drivers.... :cry:
Can someone post a new link, please?

Cheers,
Mac
runagate

Post by runagate »

acousmoules: hello

After many trials (and reading all 39 pages of this thread!), re-installing and deleting the .inf and reg entries and re-installing again, I've gotten RCB9's driver to work. Many, many profound thanks!

Now I've imported the layout for 3 D Midigator VST and appear to have it *almost* working to send midi messages. This is wonderful; I love acousmodules so, so much!
runagate

Post by runagate »

runagate

Post by runagate »

I've consolidated much of this into an even easier to understand tutorial, added info to set it up with 3DMidiGator VST, and hosted RBC9's driver on my site:

http://www.3amnoise.net/runagate/SpaceNavTutorial.html

I hope this helps someone!
eclark3d

Post by eclark3d »

so, i am guessing that the driver from CCRDUDE works for the SP on vista 64?

and correct me if i am wrong, but this allows you to use the SP any where in any app, like mudbox or zbrush?

gonna be pissed if i just dropped almost 400$ on a device that i cant use on my tablet.
C3RS

Post by C3RS »

8) just a short message to thanks RBC9 to build a (true) driver for the Space Navigator...

I have create Blinds for Excel/Word and a Blind to desactivate this on GoogleEarth.

A post a thread to focus this... :idea:
Space Navigator PE + RBC9 Driver = Awesome :)
Jimstein

Omniflux x64 version of the RBC9 driver working but has bug?

Post by Jimstein »

Hello!

I see I am not the only one disappointed at the lacking default drivers.

I got the Omniflux x64 version of the RBC9 driver working just fine in my XP X64 SP2. Except that doing the tilt with the Spacenavigator will move the mouse cursor up and down on the screen – never from side to side. I will try if this is a problem with the original drivers on XP x84 as well. Can’t find that anyone else has reported this problem.

Only problem seem to be that the tilt is feeding its tilt both to Y Rotation on the Joystick driver aswell as to the Y position on the mouse. Sure it must be wrong this value have two outputs?

I did not notice any benefit of installing the RBC9 Layout manager and using it to load binds. The problem with the tilt is still percent so it is the driver that I the problem.

I am a developer so I can try to see if I can get the original drivers compile on my system and fix them.
Jimstein

Post by Jimstein »

The bug is that one has to pullout the USB cable and insert it again to force the x64 version of the RBC9 driver to reload a new default profile. I can’t make SN swap binding profile with RBC9-SpaceNav.exe without this procedure. Somewhat annoying but it works. :D
Omniflux

Post by Omniflux »

Jimstein wrote:The bug is that one has to pullout the USB cable and insert it again to force the x64 version of the RBC9 driver to reload a new default profile.
Thanks for narrowing this down.

Unfortunately, between work and being ill the last few weeks, I have not gotten much done on this project. I have not given up, however, and will hopefully have something new to post about sometime next month.
Jimstein

Post by Jimstein »

Let us see who gets around to fix the drivers first then. Either you get well sooner or I quit working 60hours each week :( But it is good to know Omniflux are with us. Be well soon!