<DONE> SpaceNavigator Driver - Mouse Joystick Keyboard

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

chriscache

SpaceMouse XT USB

Post by chriscache »

Ok, fine. I´ve installed the driver with my Spacemouse XT USB. The controller works, but the spacenav.exe can´t a device. Has anybody a solution to this problem? the Hardware ID is USB\VID_046D&PID_C603
I´m running Vista32. Would be great, if someone can help!
Ilia

Post by Ilia »

Thanks RBC9 for this great program. I had to edit the source a bit to make it work with my Space Navigator for Notebboks. I also made a version with editor form that fits on screen in 800x480 resolution for fellow car pc users. Please note that 800x480 version will only work with Space Navigator (not Pilot, Explorer or any other device) simply because I had no time to rearrange the form for these devices, so you will not see some elements of the form if you try to use it with something other than Space Navigator.
Here are the files. Simply replace the original exe.

Exe for Notebook version. 1024x768
Exe for Notebook version. 800x480
Exe for the original SpaceNav. 800x480 - did not test it, but it should work.

chriscache: there is a way to make the exe file see your spacemouse, it's not hard. However, the program was not meant to edit layouts for your device, so without additional programming you will not be able to set binds for all the buttons, though the axes will probably work. I'm no programmer, and managed to do NB version only because the program originally supported Space Navigator which is identical. Check the source code if you ever programmed on C#, may be it's not hard to customize it for your needs.
cabriobob

Post by cabriobob »

Thanks Ilia for the notebookversion of rbc9 and resolution 800x480 !

only strange we do not have to modify the "RBC9-SpaceNav.inf" data into PID_C628
Ilia

Post by Ilia »

The inf file still has to be modified in order to install the driver for NB. I did not mention it in my post 'cause it had been described earlier.
Figgy

Post by Figgy »

I just tried to install this on Vista X64, but for some reason when it comes to having windows locate the driver, it only lets me choose the default "USB Human Interface Device."
Does anyone have a clue about what to do next?
darkside

Post by darkside »

hi ilia, im using a this for my car pc, the resolution which i have for mi bimmer currently is 640x400, would you be so kind, could you please make also a version for this resolution, or maybe somehow settings, that the algorithm would be automatically calculated from a user defined resolution. thanks much
Ilia

Post by Ilia »

Sorry, Darkside, but 640x400 seems too small to fit all the elements on the form. So I made the originl form sizable and added scrollbars. These versions should work with other devices as well 'cause the original form is unmodified.
Original. Sizable
Notebook.Sizable
darkside

Post by darkside »

Ilia wrote:Sorry, Darkside, but 640x400 seems too small to fit all the elements on the form. So I made the originl form sizable and added scrollbars. These versions should work with other devices as well 'cause the original form is unmodified.
Original. Sizable
Notebook.Sizable
thx much;)
bjevers

Post by bjevers »

Figgy wrote:I just tried to install this on Vista X64, but for some reason when it comes to having windows locate the driver, it only lets me choose the default "USB Human Interface Device."
Does anyone have a clue about what to do next?
This driver is 32 bit only. I am dual booting Vista 32 and 64 bit now so I can use it. I hope a 64 bit version shows up sometime.
Figgy

Post by Figgy »

Okay thanks for the reply. Seems like nothing works with x64. I might just have to revert to x32.
Crow

Post by Crow »

Great piece of software.
But it would be great to have an option to turn the LEDs on or off like in the original drivers.

Could someone please add that?
Don Cambooth

Post by Don Cambooth »

has anybody here made this work with sketchbook pro on a tablet pc?
cyclops07

Post by cyclops07 »

need help!

problem downloading the rbc9-spacenav
whenever i click on anything at the http://rbc.duckinegg.com/ it will reload the home page and won't download the file i wanted..

eg: clicked,copy-pasted and refreshed several times
http://rbc.duckinegg.com/?dir=&download ... aceNav.rar
cyclops07

Post by cyclops07 »

solved the prob :D

something weird going on with my pc.. i have to rearrange the object in the webpage to make the link work..
Tarzen

Link dosn't work today.

Post by Tarzen »

:cry:
I can't get that link to download. What was it that you did? It just refreshes when I hit the links.