Spacemouse Wireless Issues

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

ctrev21

Spacemouse Wireless Issues

Post by ctrev21 »

Hi, I purchased a new Spacemouse Wireless and am currently running SolidWorks 2017 SP 3.0. I recently started working on an existing file that had a draing associated with it. When I attempt to open the drawing SW crashes.
Nothing has changed on my system other then installing your product.
I use a Spacepilot Pro at work running the 10.3 software without any issues but my Spacemouse runs 10.4 and now have issues. I'm currently running both PC with Windows 7 64 Bit.
Reason I'm here is because I had similar issues with the Spacepilot and had to do a complete reformat and clean install on my work PC to get it to work and now I'm afraid that the Spacemouse Wireless will give me similar headaches. Trying to decide if I should return it for refund or if its defective or if your software is bad again. I'm not too happy with the situations as I have a project deadline this Monday and I'm dead stick with SolidWorks again.

I have contacted SW for support and did a complete uninstall and install with no luck. I do get a large screen error from your software. If I roll back to 10.3 might this help?
Also I can't use it at all in wireless mode. Tried different ports with dongle and had to resort to the wired configuration just to get it to respond.
ctrev21

Re: Spacemouse Wireless Issues

Post by ctrev21 »

Seems the lackluster customer service hasn't changed much. Great product, horrible support.
ctrev21

Post by ctrev21 »

Here's another observation from your own website.
Driver version 10.4.1 is dated 03/23/2017
Driver version 10.4.3 is dated 05/16/2016

Can someone explain why the higher number driver is 10 months older than the lower numbered one? I'm so F'ing confused!
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi ctrev21,
ctrev21 wrote:Here's another observation from your own website.
Driver version 10.4.1 is dated 03/23/2017
Driver version 10.4.3 is dated 05/16/2016

Can someone explain why the higher number driver is 10 months older than the lower numbered one? I'm so F'ing confused!
The driver from 03/23/2017 is version 10.4.10 - which is higher than 10.4.3.

You wrote that you "get a large screen error". I assume that this is the problem. Would you please contact our Technical Support Team and send them a screenshot of the message. They should be able to help you.
ctrev21

Post by ctrev21 »

Hello Uta, I will post the screenshot when I get home as this is on my home install. At this moment the 3D mouse has ben removed but my SolidWorks is still not functional. I have spent 2 days so far with SW tech support and they were not able to resolve the issue after mouse install. They have also created an RX file and service ticket as well. As with last time this issue (similar to my SpacePilot Pro may force me to do a clean install after reformat of hard drive. Again not happy about doing that as the process takes a few days even with a clean image file.

Thanks for clarifying the driver revision. Maybe 10.4.4 would have an easier selection.
ctrev21

Post by ctrev21 »

[quote="Panharith"]Hi, I purchased a new Spacemouse Wireless and am currently running SolidWorks 2017 SP 3.0. I recently started working on an existing file that had a draing associated with it. When I attempt to open the drawing SW crashes.

Sounds like my issue. Haven't reformatted yet but it may or may not be an issue with Microsoft.net 4.7. I'll know more tonight.
ctrev21

Post by ctrev21 »

same here, running SW 2017 SP 3.0
ctrev21

Post by ctrev21 »

I sent back the mouse for refund. Bad product. Uninstall Microsoft. Net 4.7 this might get you back up and running. Too bad support can't be more responsive.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi ctrev,

I cannot find your request at our Technical Support Team. When did you contact them?
ctrev21

Post by ctrev21 »

July 11th. Couldn't wait to have you guys review it, I have money to make and clients I don't want to lose. Maybe its really time to invest in software engineers rather than very cool looking paperweights. I won't be buying for the foreseeable future. Thanks for your concerns.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi ctrev,

I am sorry for the problems you encounter, but I have searched through all our channels and didn't find your request. I only found your request from last year March. No new one.

I will contact you by email directly.