Parts available?

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

cwilliamrose

Parts available?

Post by cwilliamrose »

The wrist pad on my SpaceExplorer is losing it's finish. It's peeling off. Is it possible to get a replacement pad or do I need to just peel it all off?

Thanks..........Bill
Bryan

wrist pads have a smooth, finely textured rubber surface

Post by Bryan »

dear cwilliamrose,

The wristpad I have on our SpaceExplorer is a smooth, finely textured rubber surface.

You may be just be dealing with a protective covering used for shipping.

If you think otherwise and it appears to be some sort of defect and your device is still under warrantly, call our help desk, 800 344 1609.

Sincerely,
Bryan G.
The more things change, the more they remain the same. ; ^ )
cwilliamrose

Re: wrist pads have a smooth, finely textured rubber surface

Post by cwilliamrose »

Bryan wrote:dear cwilliamrose,

The wristpad I have on our SpaceExplorer is a smooth, finely textured rubber surface.
I believe this is what is coming off. There's a shiny plastic surface underneath. See image;

If you think otherwise and it appears to be some sort of defect and your device is still under warrantly,
It was purchased 7/29/07. Probably well past warranty. That's why I was thinking to replace the pad -- if possible...........Bill
Magic Man

Post by Magic Man »

Metal watch strap?
cwilliamrose

Post by cwilliamrose »

Nope, I don't wear a watch or any other jewelry. I'm at a loss to explain what caused this but once it starts it continues to peel..........Bill
UtaSH

Re: wrist pads have a smooth, finely textured rubber surface

Post by UtaSH »

cwilliamrose wrote: It was purchased 7/29/07. Probably well past warranty. That's why I was thinking to replace the pad -- if possible...........Bill
Hi Bill,

the warranty for the SpaceExplorer is three years. So you are still within the warranty period. :) Check out our knowledge base article about the warranty.
cwilliamrose

Post by cwilliamrose »

Thanks,

I looked for the warranty in the box and didn't find it. I'll call the help desk and see what we can work out......Bill
Magic Man

Post by Magic Man »

To add, that is the same sort of thing I'm getting on one button and the cap of my Space Navigator. It's a thing coating over the plastic that gives it the rubbery feel. Must wear slightly with use and if any sweat or moisture gets under there then it starts to pucker it.

Not brilliant...
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

See here.