Support for programs GONE after update to new software!!!

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

majandron

Support for programs GONE after update to new software!!!

Post by majandron »

Here's the deal: I recently updated the software for my SpacePilot and lost support for Abaqus/CAE, Abaqus/Viewer, and it looks like Altair HyperWorks. So, I figured I would just download the specific drivers online. But to my horror, these programs do not appear to be supported anymore!!

I'm using this site as a reference: http://www.3dconnexion.com/solutions/ca ... up_app.php

I am strongly considering re-installing with the old version of the software without updating... I use both of these programs on a daily basis. Extremely disappointed!!

What happened??
Fred

Post by Fred »

Those programs are supported natively.
Contact them directly and let them know that the current 3D driver does not work. They may need to update and use our curent SDK to reimplement the 3D driver into the software.
majandron

Post by majandron »

Thanks, I'll contact them and I'll post here if I hear anything.

-Mike
majandron

Post by majandron »

It turns out that when I right clicked the 3DxWare icon in my windows taskbar and selected "update software" it really only updated to version 3.6.11. For some reason, that version was not compatible with Abaqus CAE or Viewer while the old version I had was (not sure of the version number).

I manually updated to the most recent version: 3.7.18 and that fixed the problem.

Thanks again for your time.