3ds Max 2010

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

zzubnik

Re: driver link deleted...

Post by zzubnik »

chris08 wrote:I downloaded the driver v3-7-12 at 9:42 am, now the post with the link has been deleted...it works perfect with trial of max 2010...
And I will be surprised if your post isn't deleted too. They are now deleting posts from customers asking about the delay.

A bit of an "own goal" in customer relations with this fiasco. It could have been easily avoided.
CSchumann

Post by CSchumann »

ui - thats poor 3DConnexion!

@Chris
Counldn´t you upload the driver to Rapidshare or something? :lol:
krifos

Post by krifos »

Hm, I was banned for posting those links, now it looks like I'm unbanned.

Don't know why - the reason I discovered the drivers was that I had made a shortcut to their downloads-server. I discovered when downloading from europe that it downloaded from drivers.3dconnexion.eu/drivers, and so the only thing I did was enter that address in my browser so that I could check out when new drivers came more quickly.

Apparently it was a security glitch, since now they've added a .htaccess-file or similar to prevent users entering the downloads-server.

I haven't gotten any messages or mails as of why they banned me and deleted the posts. Neither can I see that it was against the forum rules.

I do have all the three different drivers/files (PE/Pro/Regular) downloaded though, and I really can't see why they are keeping them back - unless they want to annoy their customers on purpose.
zbyss

Post by zbyss »

yes, I found the same driver official on Japanese version of 3D connexion web pages. I posted here, all my posts were deleted and the drive is not on the web anymore.

So I even didn't try to find some direct link or anything, I just switched to Japanese version and downloaded it officially. And now I feel like a gangster, all my posts gone, driver gone.

And absolutely zero communication from 3D connexion. They have time to delete all the posts and no time to give us any information?
zzubnik

Post by zzubnik »

They obviously don't like customers much.
krifos

Post by krifos »

What is there to expect? I mean, I "only" paid around 550$ for my SpacePilot, so really - can I expect good CS as well? :S
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi krifos:
Don't know why
We had a look into this matter. Your Forum account was temporarily suspended while checks were being made to our servers. As you pointed out, the security of our European download server was not correctly enforced. This has now been corrected and your access to the Forum restored. We regret not having informed you in due time.

To all our customers:
Regarding the availability of a software download with 3ds Max 2010 support, we can inform you that the software has now passed qualification and is ready to be posted. This is why some of you found the installation packages.

The software will be publicly available at 3Dconnexion.com by Friday. We have been (and are) working to get it there sooner.

We would like to apologise for the inconvenience this delay is now obviously causing our customers, users of 3ds Max 2010.

At 3Dconnexion, we aim to have the plug-in software ready for download at the same time as the final build of the application is made available to end users.

We would like to ask you not to post any links to software that is not publicly available. We operate under a number of constraints and we have been forced to delete any posts containing links to such software.
zzubnik

Post by zzubnik »

@ngnomes

Thanks for letting us know the state of play. All we wanted was to be kept in the loop. You will understand that nothing is worse than having one of these fantastic devices, and being unable to use it!
chris08

Post by chris08 »

CSchumann wrote:ui - thats poor 3DConnexion!

@Chris
Counldn´t you upload the driver to Rapidshare or something? :lol:
i think i´m not allowed to do so...
the file has about 95 mb...hard to upload...pm?
Phosphorous

!

Post by Phosphorous »

Thanks a much for the good news 8) Now I know I will really enjoy this weekend when I can once again use my space pilot!
malojo

Post by malojo »

Thanks 3dconnexion.
Let's wait till friday.
As the driver was online because of a security problem you should not take advantage of this and keep it where it is.
This is what I would much appreciate from my clients if such a thing would happen to me. We all are human we all make sometimes mistakes.

So long.
malojo

Post by malojo »

One thing I'd like to add.
As we will wait again within a year when the next release ships maybe there is a way to provide us with a beta version sooner. I am sure bugs will be accepted.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi,

Release v. 3.7.12 was made available for download a few minutes ago. You may download the software for your 3D mouse from the Software Downloads page.

Again, we very much regret the delay in getting the software to customers of 3ds Max 2010.

We do not offer any excuses for the delay but we would like you to know that we have been working to getting the software available for all customers.

Do let us know what you think about the release and the software solution in general. We always welcome the feedback.
jwick

Post by jwick »

Let the downloading frenzy on the http server begin.

Sheesh, if we only knew you guys would get so emotional when we took away your 3D mouse for a few weeks...

Have at it, and let us know how it works.
zbyss

Post by zbyss »

Thank you very much for the drivers.

I just would like to add my comment:

Of course to have the driver as soon as new software (Max 2010) is shipped is exactly what we want. On other side we can understand that sometimes it is not so fast because of some developing or other problems.

But you can easily avoid our frustration just with better communication. Just one sentence like "please hang on, we have some problems" is all we need. We all live in fast world and when few negative posts are placed, you really should react to them and keep the lions (customers) calm. Few days of no response makes totally unnecessary tension between you and customers.

Anyway, now we have our toys ready, let's hope our dissatisfaction from last weeks will slowly vanish and maybe one day we even buy a new Space Pilot Pro :):)