Wireless mouse doesn't work after laptop wakes from sleep.

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

DanMCMLXI

Wireless mouse doesn't work after laptop wakes from sleep.

Post by DanMCMLXI »

Hello. I am loving the 3D Mouse except for one thing. When I go in and out of sleep mode on my Dell Laptop - Windows 10 the mouse no longer seems connected (wireless 3D mouse). To get it back I have to reboot the laptop. Anyone else run into this problem with the SpaceMouse Wireless?
UtaSH

Re: Wireless mouse doesn't work after laptop wakes from slee

Post by UtaSH »

Hello DanMCMLXI,

this might be related to the settings of your USB port in the BIOS of your machine. See if you can tweak the powering options.

Does it help if you unplug and re-plug the device/receiver from/to the USB port?

If not - does it already help if you stop and restart the driver (Start -> All Programs -> 3Dconnexion -> Driver -> Start/Stop Driver)?
topgundcp

Post by topgundcp »

I am experiencing the same problem with my desktop running Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1511 Build 10586.218. I did contact the Tech Support about this problem and was advised to change the power plan for "USB selective suspend setting" to disabled but still not working. I emailed back and was advised to contact Microsoft. Well, this is not the answer I would expect from the 3DConnexion Tech Support since all my other USB devices are working perfectly waking up from sleep.

Considering myself as more than an average Windows user, my Windows 10 Pro is running flawlessly, all drivers are up to date so my conclusion is from the 3DConnection driver and the Tech Support should investigate this problem.

FYI, the driver package was the latest downloaded from 3DConnection website version: 3DxWare64_v10-4-2_r2319 for spacemouse wireless.
Uhle

Post by Uhle »

I have same issue!

Haven't found solution jet!

BR
Uhle

Post by Uhle »

Wanted to say, when do stop/start then key applet will not start.
For me then works only Solidworks applet.

BR
chrisheathuk1

Post by chrisheathuk1 »

I have the same problem Win 8.1 64bit driver 10.4.3 wont initiate after wakeup from sleep. Stopping and starting the driver works but is a pain to do each time!
Initiates ok from restart or shutdown / start. Just awaking from sleep is the problem.

Installed old driver 10.2.9 and the problem is fixed. Mouse initiates from sleep.

Seems like a driver issue.
chrisheathuk1

Post by chrisheathuk1 »

Have sent an email to tech support about this and will post here regularly with progress / no progress reports.

This really needs to be fixed as does the 'cant select from time to time without pressing the mmb' annoyance.
cadgirl

Post by cadgirl »

Same issue here... I often put the computer to sleep at the end of the day to preserve all the programs I have running and various files I have open within them, rather than having to open several the next day. And yet... if my 3D mouse is not working, and rebooting is the ONLY way to fix it, well that's quite frustrating, isn't it? Definitely looking forward to the fix! Thanks in advance for the updates!
Barbara

Post by Barbara »

Hello cadgirl -

Rebooting the PC is not required [ or convenient]. The reason it works is that it clears the 3DxService.exe process that cannot communicate with the wireless receiver or with a wired 3D mouse when the power options suspend power to the USB port in sleep mode.

Without adjusting the power options to prevent that , a workaround is to turn off the driver before sleep mode then turn it back on when resuming from sleep (Start -> All Programs -> 3Dconnexion -> Driver -> Start/Stop Driver).

If the PC goes into sleep mode before the driver has been turned off , the process can be ended [Task Manager | Processes | 3DxService.exe | End process ] then use 'Start Driver' .

Power options that can suspend USB port power are 'USB selective suspend' [Advanced Power Plan options] , the USB Root Hub setting to 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' and BIOS options that manage USB ports.
-----------
Barbara
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi all,

we are working on this and assume we will be able to provide a fix for this with the next driver release.
Antehelix

Post by Antehelix »

I have the same issue. Win10 x64.
I hope you can fix it asap.
giel.hansen

Post by giel.hansen »

Same here. I will try installing an older driver. This problem is costing me valuable work time.