Photoshop CS2 and CS3 support officially released

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

znissan
User
User

Photoshop CS2 and CS3 support officially released

Post by znissan »

Hello all:

The current 3DxSoftware 3.3.2 and the 3DxMacWare 1.1.0 now available on our website for download has support for both Photoshop CS2 and CS3 for Windows and Mac respectively! We thank you for your patience while we finalized these solutions, and we look forward to hearing your feedback.

Some quick hints: If you have the CS3 extended, you can fully navigate in 3D when you select a 3D layer. Move in object mode, or you can move in camera mode by selecting that option in Photoshop.

In 2D mode, you can pan and zoom, and then use the spin movement on the cap to adjust brush size when that tool is selected.

In CS2 you can pan and zoom and then adjust brush size using spin.

As usual, if you have any questions or feedback, please post on this board.

Ziva Nissan
3Dconnexion, Inc.
johnnyconnexion

Zoom function don't work well in CS2

Post by johnnyconnexion »

I tried your plug-in in CS, and it work well and smooth as it work in your Picture Viewer, that’s really a good experience to work with SpaceNavigator in PhotoShop
But when using Zoom function in CS2, it looks like it always Zoom by the top-left corner of the image instead of the center of the image.
Is that a problem of my side or the plug-in?
flomotan

Post by flomotan »

I assume you are using Photoshop CS2 on Windows. If you have the Photoshop "Navigator" window open, the zoom will be from the center of the image.
johnnyconnexion

Post by johnnyconnexion »

Thanks flomotan, Zoom function did work when I open back the “Navigator Palette” in CS2

But I think it still got problems.

In PhotoShop CS2 the Navigator Palette will automatically adjust by the ratio of the artwork, and most of the time the Navigator Palette will become bigger and will overlap with other Palette, even after I adjust the Palette size back manually, this situation won’t cause any problem in CS or un-plug your device.

But when running SpaceNavigator with CS2 the Navigator Palette will go behind and overlap with other Palette instead of go front of other Palette like your plug-in dose in CS.
After that happened the Red Fame will just mass up and after several times of changing between Palettes, sometimes it will cause PhotoShop and even whole the system crash.

And I found that Zoom Function work well even when the Navigator Palette is close in CS.
Also, I think to keep the Zoom Function work well without Navigator Palette on is more logically correct.
Especially when you release the plug-in for Illustrator.
When using Illustrator on large size artworks, designers sometimes will have to close the Navigator Palette to keep better performance. So, I don’t think that will work if the Navigator Palette still have to be opened in those cases.

I also post some words for requesting the support for more adobe software viewtopic.php?t=167 hope you can take a look.
flomotan

Post by flomotan »

I think your suggestion of being able to zoom to the image center with the Navigator window closed is a good one. I'm making a note of it for consideration in a future update of the plug-in.

Thanks