Max 2013 / win7pro 64bit driver solution

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

steevee

Max 2013 / win7pro 64bit driver solution

Post by steevee »

Hi, just had a new lappy built [ssd, 24gb ram etc] for 3D max / inventor / autocad, got a new wireless 3Dconnexion mouse, and what do you know, it works on everything but MAX 2013.

I've searched for answers on this forum, and tried them all, to no avail. Installing clean, admin privileges, install max again etc etc. Have spoken to the support guys a lot, and nothing was working at all. Im running win7pro sp1 64bit, max 2013 64bit, with a new wireless and a spaceexplorer pro, usb. they work in everything exept max!

Eventually i installed older drivers from this package "3DxSoftware64_v3-17-6_r1586.exe" and it does support the wireless device [battery levels etc], and they do work in MAX 2013!
yay
So i talked to support, and uninstalled the r1586 package. and tried the following.
I first installed "3DxWare64SPP_v10-0-17_r1638" as a custom install, but unticked the max plugin.
then unzipped "3DxSoftware64_v3-17-6_r1586.exe" with 7zip, and unzipped it again, browse to the
<\3DxSoftware64_v3-17-6_r1586\3DxSoftware64\components64\3DxStudio\3DxStudio64.msi installer, and install it [3DxStudio64.msi].
this means you have the latest drivers, with the max plugins from the older packaged installer.

Well now everything works across the board, including max, chrome, autocad etc. happy days!

I can only assume there wrong when they say that the new max plugin is the same as the older one, i think they have probably borked something at some point.

Well thats my fix, hope it works for someone else, as i was afraid that i just bought a brick, not a shiny new timesaver!
:)
Regards, Steve