Please help me, Error Code -6005

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

fra14

Please help me, Error Code -6005

Post by fra14 »

Hi there,
I bought a Sace Nvavigator and tried to install it i my Windows 7 64-bit computer but was not able to do it.

I had a look on the internet but did not find an answer.

When I run setup the this message appears:

" Setup has experienced an error.
Please do the following:
- close any running programs;
- empty your temporary folders;
- check your internet connecton (Internet based Setups);
Error Code -6005 "

Of course I tried to follow the suggestions but nothing changed.
Thank you for your help.

Francesco
Barbara

Re: Please help me, Error Code -6005

Post by Barbara »

Hello francesco -

Are you running the installation from a cd ? If you are, remove the cd and instead download the latest software from our web site.

The cd should prompt to check for software updates - but it is easier to bypass the cd and use only downloaded software.

From our driver download page choose 'Space Navigator' and 'Windows 7 x64' and click 'Search' to display the current software - Release 3.17.6. [http://www.3dconnexion.com/service/drivers.html] The filename will be 3DxSoftware64_v3-17-6_r1586.exe

If your web browser has an option to 'Save or Run' for downloads , choose 'Save'.
Once the download has completed, make you are logged on with administrator permissions and applications are closed, then run the installation.

When you start the installer you should see status messages like 'Extracting ..' as the installer extracts the compressed files. If you are still seeing a problem, please let us know where in the install it occurs.
-------------------
Barbara
fra14

Post by fra14 »

Dear Barbara,
thank you for your quick response.

Unfortunately I have already downloaded the files you told me about.
I tired several drivers version but the message appears.

The messagge occurs just after the "extracting" passage you were talking about.

Thank you for your time!
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hello Francesco,

have you had a previous version installed on your machine? It might be that there are still some files left from this installation and cause that problem.

If you still have the installation package of that previous version start it and install it. Then uninstall it as described here. Then try again the newest driver installation package (3DxSoftware64_v3-17-6_r1586.exe).