Even Sample program not working

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

sim2040

Even Sample program not working

Post by sim2040 »

I bought a SpaceNavigator for Notebooks, and even sample program does not work for it.
I installed 3DxWare 10 Beta 16(32-bit) and newest 3DxWare SDK(v3-0-2).
For 3DxWare samples, Only Viewer sample works properly,
and Cube3D find one, but nothing happens.
and other samples just dissapears.

And all SDK Demos says
"Sorry - No Supported 3Dconexion device available."
and not work so I cannot make my program use SpaceNavigator.

Can you tell me why and what can I do or give me other working samples?
I tried DI8Example and WM_INPUTExample but this program just cannot capture mouse input.

Even When I turn on 3DxWinCore, it says
"3DxService needs to be (re)started. All 3D mouse aware applications need to be stopped when restarting 3DxService."
I tried re-install programs several times and tried rebooting many times.

Thank you.
ngomes

Re: Even Sample program not working

Post by ngomes »

Hi sim2040,

We're sorry about that but, at this point, it is preferable to develop against the official drivers. There's a lot going on on the back-end of the 3DxWare 10 Beta and -- although it should work fine -- the software is not yet as stable as we'd like it to be.

You can get the latest official driver for your 3D mouse from here.
Last edited by ngomes on Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: jwick's post has better advise
jwick

Post by jwick »

Hi sim2040,

[If you decide to use 3DxWinCore 17 for the additional features]
You should run 3DxService all the time. Technically you don't need it for the Microsoft APIs but if you don't run it your GUI, nor anything else (like the SDK demos) works.

There are a couple of things to check:

Make sure you did a reboot when the installation told you to.
Check the Device Manager to see if your SNfN is recognized (named) under HID devices.
If you previously installed the shipping (3DxSoftware 3.x) driver, make sure the siappdll.dll and spwini.dll files in the System folder got replaced with the ProductVersion 17.x files (a common Microsoft issue).
sim2040

Post by sim2040 »

Thank you for information, I erased all 3Dx software and re-installed it all and it worked....
joey

Post by joey »

Hello, same problem on Xp sp3 32 bit ans SpacePilot Pro with v3-17-4_r1540 or v10-0-16_r1544 drivers.

"3dxService needs to be (re)started. All 3D mouse aware applications need to be stopped when restarting 3DxService."
This problem is on the forum since avril 2011 without response....

I phone at 3dconnexion service on 22/7/2013, they send me a mail, i applies all to my PC but still not work :

---------------
Before starting make sure you are logged in with full admin privileges.
1. Download the latest driver from the 3Dconnexion website and save it to an easy to access location such as the desktop.
2. Remove the current driver through the Add/Remove programs. Then make sure the 3Dconnexion folder in C:\Program Files is deleted.
3. Navigate to C:/Documents and Settings/your profile/Application Data or C:/Documents and Settings/admin/Application Data/ and delete the 3Dconnexion folder. Check both locations to be sure.
NOTE: on Vista machines the paths to the profiles will be found in C:/Users/your profile/AppData or C:/Users/admin/AppData/.
4. Before proceeding with the next steps, It is strongly recommended that a backup of the registry be made. Instructions to create a back-up and to restore the registry can be found on the Microsoft's Knowledge Base article Q322756.
5. Under the 'Start' button and 'Run' type in 'regedit' and hit OK to bring up the Registry Editor. There are 2 registry entries to remove: Under the branches ‘HKEY_CURRENT_USER’ and ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE’ and under each of their ‘Software’ folders delete the 3Dconnexion folder found in each location (note: sometimes there might not be one under the Local Machine key folder).
6. Go to C:\Windows\System32 and delete the files spwini.dll and siappdll.dll. On 64-bit operating systems, also go to C:\Windows\SysWOW64 to delete the files with the same names.
7. Remove the device if it is still plugged in and follow this by rebooting the computer.
8. To rule out installation conflicts with firewalls or antivirus software please disconnect from any local network if applicable (with most places, depending on how their network and licenses are managed you can physically unplug the network cable after logging back into Windows), disable any antivirus programs and turn off any local firewalls. The Windows firewall settings can be accessed from the Windows control panel. All of these items can be reconnected/turned back on after the driver is successfully installed.
9. Install the latest driver previously saved to the desktop. Once the driver is installed, plug the device back in and open the 3Dconnexion Control Panel (Sometimes the device will ‘wake up’ immediately after plugging it back in and other times it will not ‘wake up’ until after opening the Control Panel). Hit the Calibrate button to rezero the device motion settings. The Control Panel can be closed after this.
----------------
jfblake

Post by jfblake »

I just upgraded to the latest release today, 3DxWare32SPP_v10-0-16_r1544.exe, and also received the same error as other in this post:

"3dxService needs to be (re)started. All 3d mouse aware applications need to be stopped when restarting 3DxService"

I am running Windows XP SP3 with a Space Navigator.

I tried removing and then reinstalling the driver by carefully following the directions in this post , but again I received the same error.

:idea: SOLUTION: I removed the driver and reinstalled the previous driver, 3DxWare32SPP_v10-0-15_r1321.exe, which I fortunately had backed-up (it is no longer available on the 3dXlabs site). This older driver works like a charm and I did not receive the error message.

I BELIEVE THAT THE NEW RELEASE (3DxWare32SPP_v10-0-16_r1544.exe) IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH WINDOWS XP SP3.

THESE PREVIOUS VERSIONS WORK WELL WITH XP SP3: 3DxWare32SPP_v10-0-15_r1321.exe, OR 3DxSoftware32_v3-16-2_r1356.exe