Photoshop CS5(32bit), Acrobat X not working !!

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

inthemood

Post by inthemood »

I searched the forum quite a bit, but I can't get a new SpaceNavigator working on Photoshop CS5 32bit or Acrobat X. I also turned off "zoom with scroll wheel" on photoshop, but no luck.

The 3d mouse works on Sketchup and Archicad(only 3d mode unfortunately).

Mac OS X 10.7.3.
Barbara

Post by Barbara »

Hello inthemood -

In Photoshop do you see 3DxPhotoshop in the File-Automate menu ?
If the plugin is installed you should see it there and also see the prompt to create a shortcut.

If you are not able to pan, zoom in a bit so that there is enough room to pan inside your Photoshop window. In the Photoshop Navigator, as you move the slider to the right and zoom in to an area of the image, the red border around the visible portion of the image becomes smaller thus allowing room to pan vertically and horizontally.

Reader X introduced new security measures which block our plugin's ability to communicate with the driver. As a workaround you can disable the new 'Protected Mode'. In Adobe Reader X go to Edit->Preferences->General and uncheck "Enable Protected Mode at startup". Please note that the intent of the option is improved security - you can consider whether you want to disable it. Until there is a new plugin it is the only workaround available.
----------------
Barbara
inthemood

Post by inthemood »

Thanks for your reply.

I see 3DxPhotoshop in Automate meun. When clicked, nothing happens. I didn't see any prompt to create a shortcut. Even zoomed in a lot, panning and zooming don't works.

I'm not using Acrobat reader X, but Acrobat X. I don't see "Enable protect mode at startup" in Preferences?
Barbara

Post by Barbara »

Hello inthehmood -

In Photoshop the plugin is not one that you need to click on. I wanted to check whether it was listed in File-Automate to see that it was installed. It does not perform any action from the menu item.

It sounds like the plugin is not being recognized for some reason. A clean install of the software may correct that:

1. Uninstall the driver using
'Uninstall 3Dconnexion Driver.app' in Applications/Utilities
2. Go to ~/Library/Preferences/ and delete all of the files beginning with 'com.3dconnexion.' [com.3dconnexion.*]
3. Restart your machine
4. Reinstall the driver with all applications closed.

Our list of Supported Applications shows Acrobat 9. I am checking on whether there have been changes in Acrobat X that would require a new version of the plugin.

-----------------------
Barbara
inthemood

Post by inthemood »

Thanks for your help.
I followed your instruction, but it still doesn't work. 3DxPhotoshop is listed on File-Automate, but no panning or zooming. The assigned button for 3Dconnextion preference pane works, but it seems to work in any application, even in Safari.
inthemood

Post by inthemood »

After reinstalling the driver, now it doesn't work in Archicad, either! Ahhh.
I know that 3Dconnextion only works in 3d mode in Archicad. It worked before reinstalling the driver, not it stopped working. What is happening.
Barbara

Post by Barbara »

Hello inthemood -

Have you checked that it is working outside of your applications ?

There is a box demo in the drop down list in the 3Dconnexion Preferences. If you can see a response in the demo when moving the Space Navigator cap that shows it is working outside your applications. When the SpaceNavigator is working outside of your applications it is available for applications like Archicad that provide their own 3d navigation.

If it is not working in the demo, check that is plugged directly into a USB port on the computer. If it is plugged into a front USB port, try a rear port if possible. If it is a laptop, make sure the AC adapter is plugged in until you can see that the SpaceNavigator is being recognized.

----------
Barbara
inthemood

Post by inthemood »

It works in Archicad after trying a various attempts. Just in case anyone experiences the same.
1. uninstall both archicad and 3dconnexion
2. install archicad first
3. then, install 3d connection.

However, it still doesn't work in photoshop or acrobat x. How about others? Does anyone use SpaceNavigator in CS5 photoshop or Acrobat X?
transco

Post by transco »

Barbara wrote:Hello inthehmood -

1. Uninstall the driver using
'Uninstall 3Dconnexion Driver.app' in Applications/Utilities
2. Go to ~/Library/Preferences/ and delete all of the files beginning with 'com.3dconnexion.' [com.3dconnexion.*]
3. Restart your machine
4. Reinstall the driver with all applications closed.
-----------------------
Barbara
I have gone through this procedure twice, but still can't get PS CS5.1 (Mac OSX 10.7.3) to work with my Space Navigator SE. It works OK with CS4, but no effect in PS CS5.1 Anything else to try?
transco

Post by transco »

I also can't get it to work with CS5, but have it working OK with CS4. After following your procedure for uninstalling the driver, then reinstalling it, I can see the 3Dconnexion Plugin in the Plugin folder, but it doesn't show in Photoshop's 'Automate' menu. I've done the full install-uninstall-install sequence three times, but still no go. What now?
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hello transco,

which version of Mac OSX do you have?

Please try the following: right click to the icon of CS5 and select "Get Info". In the middle of the Info window you should see a tickbox "Open in 32bit mode. Please activate it and start CS5.

Let us know if this solves the problem or if you still need help. Thanks.
Mark_Brown11

Re: Photoshop CS5(32bit), Acrobat X not working !!

Post by Mark_Brown11 »

Try to re-install your latest acrobate. Before doing that scan full computer for once. restart your PC. unable your virus protection temporarily while you are running installation. For advance solution http://www.techyv.com/questions/my-phot ... ot-working