An Open Letter to 3Dconnexion:

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

dale

Post by dale »

dale wrote:
jwick wrote:It's a Coke vs. Pepsi thing. People get used to one or the other. There is no difference in capability. Each shape can be used equally as well as the other.
Pepsi can't cause carpal tunnel syndrome.

Edit: remove text violating the Board Rules (Don't post ads).
It was not an ad. It was the history of the spaceball and a new release by your own parent company logitech.

dale

Post by dale »

Here is a shortened version of the creation of 3Dconnexion.

Fremont, CA - September 18, 2001 -- Logitech (NASDAQ:LOGIY)(Switzerland: LOGN, LOGZ) today announced the formation of a new company, 3Dconnexion, whose focus will be on developing and marketing input devices for the rapidly growing field of 3D motion control. The new company combines the resources of two industry leaders in Europe and the U.S. -- LogiCAD 3D and Labtec
dale

Post by dale »

dale wrote:
dale wrote:
jwick wrote:It's a Coke vs. Pepsi thing. People get used to one or the other. There is no difference in capability. Each shape can be used equally as well as the other.
Pepsi can't cause carpal tunnel syndrome.

It was not an ad. It was the history of the spaceball and a new release by your own parent company logitech.

Maybe you can define ad.
How is the history of the design of your product from 1983 to 1988 an ad?
I thought it was interesting.
ignatiuslayola

Cinema 4D support Please please

Post by ignatiuslayola »

I just got my "paper weight". And only now I found out that you don't support Cinema 4D. ARRGGHHH!! !!
You have been in business this long and this is what your customers are experiencing? Please do something.
pwscottiv

Re: Cinema 4D support Please please

Post by pwscottiv »

ignatiuslayola wrote:I just got my "paper weight". And only now I found out that you don't support Cinema 4D. ARRGGHHH!! !!
You have been in business this long and this is what your customers are experiencing? Please do something.
Yes it does... If you look under the list of supported software, "Maxon Cinema 4D" is there. In many programs you'll need to go into the options or preferences dialog window and activate the 3D controller option.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

There's a Knowledge Base article on CINEMA 4D for Windows. Removing the manual steps to activate 3D mouse support in the application is something that can only be addressed by Maxon.
pwscottiv

Re: Cinema 4D support Please please

Post by pwscottiv »

ignatiuslayola wrote:I just got my "paper weight". And only now I found out that you don't support Cinema 4D. ARRGGHHH!! !!
Also, you might want to consider using the search function or post a new thread... Making your post in a thread that's related to game compatibility is pretty useless and stupid.
jmoseley

Multiwinia - the first game to officially support 3D mice.

Post by jmoseley »

Hi all,

Just wanted to post some news here as the thread is about games. The news.... a UK developer (Introversion) has added 3D mouse support to their latest game - Multiwinia.

I had to "test" the game a bit so I can safely say it's pretty cool. :lol:

You can vist this page for more info and find a link to the free demo: http://www.3dconnexion.com/solutions/multiwinia.php

Have fun!

John
Knox

Post by Knox »

I don't know quite where to start. I read all 40 pages of RBC9s thread.
viewtopic.php?t=336

I've browsed the web... I've even tried editing some files myself.

atm I cannot use this great device for anything but CAD. I work in CAD, I play (sometimes) in CAD but I do not live in CAD, and if this Space Explorer is on my desk I'd like to use it for whatever.

As it was said 2 and a half years ago, you (3DConnexion) needs to develop a generic driver where you can remap all the buttons easily for any application. Screw getting the individual drivers per program, do you realize how bad and unprofessional that looks?

Stop asking people "specifically what program are you asking about" when they clearly ask a generic question. and stop posting that Darwinia crap on every thread as if its an answer to our prayers. I need to go log off, and play a game to relax, as I've spent way to long here only to realize you haven't done anything for the users in the last 2 years, even though they've been begging for it.
JeronCoolman

Post by JeronCoolman »

Well said Knox...

I'd even buy one of the new Spacepilot Pros if I could map the control knob and buttons to keystrokes for any application.
Fran

Post by Fran »

I got my SpacePilot last week to use with proE.....It is without argument, the most handsome paperweight I ever had. And, after reviewing other comments here, I"m imbarassed to no end for having purchased it.

No wonder my calls to return it as well as faxes and emails go unanswered.

:oops: :oops: :oops:
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi Fran,

do you have problems to get it working with ProE? Which version of ProE do you have? Does the 3Dconnexion cube demo work?
jwick

Post by jwick »

We have released 3DxWare 10 open beta.

This release includes keyboard, mouse and joystick emulation.

Please try it out and let us know what you think. There is a new 3DxWare 10 Beta Forum for discussion.

I'm locking this thread so users who get informed about changes to the thread won't miss this announcement. Feel free to start a new thread to continue this discussion, if you wish.