3Dconnexion/Blender Beta Feedback

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Riven

Post by Riven »

Well, the default location that Blender 2.49b users to store user data files is in the Application Data directory. And I believe it was like that for previous versions as well. There are options to change the folder directory to other things like the program folder.
necko77

Post by necko77 »

hi,
i have blender 2.49b and everything works great but i need reversed axes. Ok, i made all asxes rev. in 3dxware and it works.
But when i switch from turntable to fly mode then i need to reverse axes again, cos its how my brain works.
So i m not able to do that transition easyly and im slower with this 3dmouse :) Can this be done somehow ???

thx
Phil999

Post by Phil999 »

I think we must use it in one mode only.

Sometimes I get the impression that developers work hard, but don't really use what they are developing. They work hard to fix all those little bugs, but sometimes fail to see the big, obvious error. For the user it can be very strange to discover errors that haven't existed before.
necko77

Post by necko77 »

how says that we must use only one :)

Fly mode - is freely moving around scene...you can tilt, rotate, fly . . .

Turntable mode - move around selected object. What is selected, you can move around that

Transform mode - move, rotate selected object

This is great . . .

Workflow.... I FLY around my scene till i found what i need. Select object and then switch to TURNTABLE MODE. Then im rotating around selected object, edit it and do what ever i need.

Tranform mode is a innacurate for me, but im a begginer

Its so stupid that i cant adjust Turntable and fly mode to work and to be swithable in blender

If this can be fixed (and probably can) plz developers FIX IT ! :shock:
Phil999

Post by Phil999 »

I know, I know. :)

Developers are humans too, so we have no other choice than to wait. Let's enjoy what we already have and focus on our work.
necko77

Post by necko77 »

Phil999 wrote:I know, I know. :)

Developers are humans too, so we have no other choice than to wait. Let's enjoy what we already have and focus on our work.
Yes Sir ! :)
alexd

test message

Post by alexd »

posting the required, silly, test message
tacarr

Blender 2.5X Plugin

Post by tacarr »

When can we expect a plugin for the latest version of Blender? I have v2.54 and would dearly love to be able to use my SpaceNavigator.

Tried your current one but is only effective for up to version 2.49.

I originally posted in the Windows Discussion Forum but was advised to post here
Phil999

Post by Phil999 »

well, for the end user it is not so clear, which company is supposed to develop a specific plugin. In this case, it's the Blender guys that need to do it. When you check out the Blender community, you will find long threads asking for a 2.5 plugin, so we must wait for them to do it. There is a working plugin for 2.49, so if you want to use your device, you have no other choice at the moment than to use v.2.49, I'm afraid.
Phil999

Post by Phil999 »

hm, I just read the answer in the other thread from a moderator. Now I'm confused myself. Usually the moderators play the ball to the software company to develop plugins. It is, again, not clear for the end user.
Fred

Post by Fred »

Blender i believe is an open source application.
Our programmers created a beta driver a few years back but discontinued
updating the add-in, due to too new software updates and new device rollouts.
It would be better if Blender added support natively.
This would allow the device to run more smoothly in the application.
Phil999

Post by Phil999 »

thank you very much for clarification. Am I correct that it is now up to the Blender programmers to implement 3Dx decives natively? Should we Blender users ask them to put some effort into the next Blender update, or are there plans at 3Dconnexion to create a new plugin?

I understand that it is no fun to create a plugin that will be outdated as soon as a new Blender version is out.
Fred

Post by Fred »

I would suggest contacting Blender to ask them to add support into the application. We do have the SDK they can use to implement support.
The link is on our website under
service
Software developer.
Mindsparks

Post by Mindsparks »

Hopefully there will be support for Blender 2.55 sometime soon. I bought my controller for the sole purpose of using Blender. I would love to use the controller on the newest version.

Thanks!
Veedoo

Post by Veedoo »

Does anybody has any update on that? When is SpaceNavigator going to be supported in Blender 2.5x ?