Photoshop CS5 Zooming issue

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

morph9266

Photoshop CS5 Zooming issue

Post by morph9266 »

Hi, hope someone can help. I just installed the latest driver for my Navigator and whilst all seems to be ok (Maya and the demos work fine) I can only pan in Photoshop CS5 64bit, not zoom or anything else when using a 2D image.

3D objects in PS rotate, zoom and pan correctly, so I guess it must be a setting I have missed, however the only control panel window I can find is the standard 3dxware one, which recognizes CS5 as the active app.

I have zoom set to Press Down / Pull Up but this simply pans the image vertically.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Andy.
morph9266

Post by morph9266 »

Hi all,

I have done a bit more fiddling around, unistall / re-install etc. and still no joy.

I have noticed an oddity in that if I have any window open, brush size from right-mouse click or the Preferences window for example, the SpaceNavigator ONLY zooms the image. All movemonets, roll, tilt and pan zoom in and out of the image.
As soon as the dialog window or pop-up menu is closed the Navigator goes back to only panning the image once more.

When I have a standard image open and I try to zoom it (by pressing or pulling), the cursor changes to the double arrow you get if you hold down the Alt key and the image just pans vertically.

I read somewhere that the Navigator can alter the brush size too but I don't get this functionality either.

Has anyone else had any issues with CS5 or is it just me!?!?

Any advice welcome!

Andy.
morph9266

Post by morph9266 »

SORTED!!!!

I stumbled accross a post referencing the same issue in CS4 and the guys solution was to disable the Zoom with Mouse Wheel in the prefs.

Just did that and now zoom and brush size are working.

Andy