SpaceNavigator?

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

ScottC

SpaceNavigator?

Post by ScottC »

I do not own a 3dconnexion 3D mouse yet. I'm trying to decide which 3D mouse to purchase. I saw in a video on y'alls website that the SpaceExplorer has a 2D button on it so you can work in 2D. Didn't know if even without having that button could the SpaceNavigator work in 2D applications along with 3D application. I currently using Bentley Microstation v8i along with Bentley Architecture V8i. Not all of my projects that I work with are in 3D so that's why I was wondering about the 2D button.
Fred

Post by Fred »

Yes, as long as the application is on our supported app list.
The 2D button on the explorer just turns off the rotation.
Different applications have different modes.
Each mode you can set the buttons to do what you want then to do as long as that ability is available in the application.
The Navigator will also work in 2D and 3D mode.
daveM

Post by daveM »

I see that only Microstation V8i is listed as a supported app. Does that mean that Microstation V8 XM will not work with the spacenavigator? Any plans to make it compatible?
Fred

Post by Fred »

Microstation support is native to the Application.
Doesnt require a addin from our end.
If Microstation V8 XM isnt listed on our site as a supported application, contact Microstation and let them know your interest in having them add the support.