3DxSoftware Beta v. 3.11

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

ngomes

3DxSoftware Beta v. 3.11

Post by ngomes »

Final release is now available from the Driver Downloads page.

3Dconnexion is releasing a Beta build of the next Windows update, version 3.11.

The software is available for download from the 3DxLabs web page:

http://www.3Dconnexion.com/labs

Please note that Beta software is not officially supported by the 3Dconnexion Technical Support service. If you wish to comment or to provide feedback regarding beta software, we suggest to post a reply in this topic or to use the "Give feedback" form linked from the Labs' home page.

Change log:
  • Version 3.11.1 of June 7, 2010 (rev. 871, Beta 2)
    • Add support for Adobe Photoshop CS5.
  • Version 3.11.0 of April 21, 2010 (rev. 871)
    • Add support for Autodesk 3ds Max 2011 and 3ds Max Design 2011;
    • Add support for Autodesk Maya 2011;
    • Add support for Autodesk Softimage 2011;
    • Minor corrections to the plug-ins for Dassault Systèmes SolidWorks and for Siemens PLM Solid Edge.
We plan to edit this post when a follow-up build is made available.

Edit (June 9): Added information on Beta 2.
Edit (July 23): Final release available on July 23.
Last edited by ngomes on Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Valen Wagner

Post by Valen Wagner »

Seems to work ok so far. I did notice that the Maya driver still will not rotate around any sub-object selections (vertices, faces, etc...). It only rotates about the pivot point of the object. This makes it very difficult to work when you are zoomed way in on your model. I thought this would have been fixed by now. It has always worked fine in 3ds Max, but not Maya. Or is there a way to make it work in Maya?
SpacePilotPro, SpaceExplorer USB ( Driver 3.17.4 )
Windows 7 64 bit, Core i7, 12GB Ram
Nvidia Quadro FX 3700
3ds Max 2014, Maya 2014, Inventor 2013, AutoCAD 2013, Photoshop CS5
Tomas8samot

Space navigator doesnt work propertly

Post by Tomas8samot »

Good time of day. There are problems with the Space Navigator in 3d max 2011 and Photoshop CS 5. It does not work. The described version of the drivers are installed. How soon will come release version?
ngomes

Re: Space navigator doesnt work propertly

Post by ngomes »

Hi Tomas8samot,
There are problems with the Space Navigator in 3d max 2011 and Photoshop CS 5.
Photoshop CS5 is not yet supported.

What is the issue with 3ds Max 2011? The current beta support Max and Max Design 2011.
Tomas8samot

Post by Tomas8samot »

Thank's for reply. But it's realy doesn't work with latest driver version on Windows 7. I solve the problem by disabling the UAC.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi Tomas8samot,
I solve the problem by disabling the UAC.
Is possible that you are running the application with elevated privileges? If so, can you explain why is that necessary?

The 3DxWare driver (which runs with normal user privileges / non-elevated) may not be able to communicate with an application running elevated. This is part of the security design in Vista and newer (User Interface Privilege Isolation).
Sturm

Elevated privileges

Post by Sturm »

I, too, must run a program (3ds max 2011 in my case) with elevated privileges because a plugin I have for it demands that Max be run as admin.

Thus, as it stands, I either have one tool or the other. The plugin, but no SpaceNavigator, or the SpaceNavigator, but not the plugin. Depends on if I run Max as admin.

I don't like having to choose between these two very useful tools, so is there any way to fix this?
Push the button, Frank.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Start the driver as Administrator.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi Sturm,

Uta is right. If you run the 3dxsrv.exe process elevated, it should be possible to use both tools.

I would suggest you contact the editor of the plug-in that requires elevation in Max. Normal applications should not be run elevated and this may represent a security risk. I cannot think of a reason why a Max plug-in would need to run elevated.
martinmb

Re: Space navigator doesnt work propertly

Post by martinmb »

Tomas8samot wrote:Good time of day. There are problems with the Space Navigator in 3d max 2011 and Photoshop CS 5. It does not work. The described version of the drivers are installed. How soon will come release version?
Moving file '3DxPhotoshopCS4.8li' to you CS5 plugins folder works fine for me. I do get the pop up about the keyboard shortcut everytime you start PS even after setting one up but at least I am up and painting my OBJ files again.

How come Photoshop cs5 is not on the 3.11 update??

win7-64
Sturm

Post by Sturm »

Problem solved. I had some permissions issues in my installation of Windows 7, so I just did a flush 'n' fill. After setting folder permissions back to where they should be, I didn't have to run 3dsMax elevated for that plugin anymore, nor the 3DxWare driver.
Push the button, Frank.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Beta 2 available on June 8.

For further details, please refer to the topic's first post.
rasamaya

Post by rasamaya »

Beta 7, no support Maya max 2012...
Still no zbrush or mudbox support.
I guess it saves money on support costs.
Unhappy customer.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Final release of 3DxSoftware v. 3.11 was made available on July 23. Customers are asked to get the latest version from the Driver Downloads page.

We would also like to thanks our customer that went of their way to give us feedback and comments. We were not able to respond to all of you but we have taken all of your notes in consideration.

Thank you.