Camera Mode toggles itself off

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

penorjr

Camera Mode toggles itself off

Post by penorjr »

:lol:

When using SN in SketchUp 6, the Camera Mode will toggle itself off, especially after changing Scenes. This has become very annoying!

Earl
agoenczi
User
User

SketchUp 6 - Camera Mode toggles itself off

Post by agoenczi »

Hi penorjr

Please specify how we could reproduce this issue.

Thank you.
penorjr

Camera Mode Toggle

Post by penorjr »

Saturday, it was toggling off all day long. Now, for some strange reason, I can't get it to do it.

I'll watch and report if it does it again.

Earl :?
CCRDude

Post by CCRDude »

Actually, I've experienced that constantly over the past days with 3.1.1 beta, and now with 3.1.3 beta ... for me (large model, not sure if this plays a role since I didn't notice it early in my work).
I experienced it whenever I saved (Ctrl+S always), so very easy to reproduce. The camera mode will switch, though the button on the 3DConnexion-toolbar in Sketchup 6 will appear to still be down.
penorjr

Did it again

Post by penorjr »

Hi CCRDUDE...

Glad to here I am not the only one experiencing this problem. It did toggle off again this afternoon, unfortunately, I was not paying attention to the previous steps...but, in my case the button does not stay on. However, that said, I can remember a few times when that was not the case, as you have experienced. In those cases, I actually had to toggle it thru a couple of cycles to get the Camera mode to return functionality.

Earl :lol:
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi CCRDude,
CCRDude wrote: I experienced it whenever I saved (Ctrl+S always), so very easy to reproduce. The camera mode will switch, though the button on the 3DConnexion-toolbar in Sketchup 6 will appear to still be down.
This has been reproduced. The problem is being tracked internally as issue 4339. Thanks for the information. The toolbar button remains pressed down until you touch the device cap, then the button will became depressed.
Nuno Gomes
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

An update. Issue 4339 has been resolved. The fix will be available in release 3.3 (soon to be made available for download).
alz

Post by alz »

I just installed 3.5.6 to fix the Camera Mode resetting with every new scene/open/start, but it still doesn't remember the setting.

Is there some system config file I can manually set this? (ie. user01.scg)