What app would you like to see supported on Mac OS X?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

What application would you love to see supported on Mac OS X?

Poll ended at Sat May 10, 2008 1:04 pm

Motion
5%
Final Cut
9%
iMovie
No votes
Cinema4D
59%
zBrush
5%
Logic Express/Pro
5%
After Effects
18%
InDesign
No votes
Apple Shake
No votes
Apple Shake
No votes
Apple Shake
No votes
Apple Shake
No votes

Total votes: 22

wimeck

Post by wimeck »

Seems I am not able to vote directly, but my choice would be Cinema 4d, followed by Unity 3d.
ruigato

Post by ruigato »

no vote for me 2,

but i choose Cinema 4D
dggraphics

Can't Vote Anymore....

Post by dggraphics »

Would like Cinema 4D as well....Please
Also After FX would be nice as well

How about being able to navigate spaces on OS X
dggraphics

Can't Vote Anymore....

Post by dggraphics »

Would like Cinema 4D as well....Please
Also After FX would be nice as well

How about being able to navigate spaces on OS X
nooj

Post by nooj »

ettore wrote:Have you checked the list of supported apps?
http://www.3dconnexion.com/solutions/ca ... up_app.php
Yeah, I have, and that list includes Rhino under Mac OSX as supported! There is no Mac version of Rhino: http://en.wiki.mcneel.com/default.aspx/ ... NoMac.html

When are you people going to stop lying that you support programs that you don't actually support? This is absolutely disgusting.
nooj

Post by nooj »

I would like to see Maya supported.

MacWare driver v1.5.0 is not installing the plug-in for Maya 6.0 or 8.0 on OSX v10.4.11, despite the very specific statement, "Beginning with 3DxMacWare v1.5.0, 3Dconnexion's plug-in for Autodesk Maya is automatically installed by the driver."

If you think I am wrong, please tell me what files should have been installed in what directories and I will confirm that those files were not installed.

JNLN wrote:Seriously, this device is too good to just stand around until you are using one of the very few supported applications.

It needs a generic driver like other input devices which can be configured for mouse movements and keyboard inputs. It would be great for scrolling, zooming and other tasks in a lot of applications.
Yes, exactly. This company has seamless support for every known program in Windows, but for Mac, it can't even run Maya properly (viewtopic.php?p=11183). The same is true for linux: I had a lengthy email conversation with a developer team some years ago begging them for information on how I could write my own driver. They would not help, but instead wanted me to provide a business model to justify my request.
nooj

Post by nooj »

nooj wrote:MacWare driver v1.5.0 is not installing the plug-in for Maya 6.0 or 8.0 on OSX v10.4.11, despite the very specific statement, "Beginning with 3DxMacWare v1.5.0, 3Dconnexion's plug-in for Autodesk Maya is automatically installed by the driver."
For the record:

The device driver is working (I can run the demos, turn the LEDs on and off), but the Maya scripts were not installed, because you don't actually support Maya6, contrary to your claim that Maya6 is supported http://www.3dconnexion.com/allsupportedapps/mac.php.
cadtastrophy

Re: What app would you like to see supported on Mac OS X?

Post by cadtastrophy »

nooj wrote: Yeah, I have, and that list includes Rhino under Mac OSX as supported! There is no Mac version of Rhino: http://en.wiki.mcneel.com/default.aspx/ ... NoMac.html

When are you people going to stop lying that you support programs that you don't actually support? This is absolutely disgusting.
There is a beta version of Rhino for Mac, and it supports the SpaceNavigator. That's actually why I bought mine.

You can sign up for it here: http://community.irhino3d.com/
tstoll

After Effects & Final Cut please

Post by tstoll »

After Effects CS3 & Final Cut (Express) please
HerbyGunther

Post by HerbyGunther »

Please support the following apps:

modo 302
ZBrush 3.12
Illustrator CS3
mve

applications

Post by mve »

Hey,
There have to be a better driver for C4d and VW users.
thanks.
greetings.
MAC VW 12.5 AND C4D R10.5
poofyhair

What application would you love to see supported on Mac OS X

Post by poofyhair »

Final cut pro
it would cut into ******** busness

-----
Edit (moderator): don't post ads (see BOARD RULES).
joelcarlton

Cant this device scroll system wide?

Post by joelcarlton »

Aperture would be great.

Why cant these devices be implemented into the system, well, system wide?

Why cant there be a setting in the system prefs. to allow tilt back and forward to be scroll and down and up to be zoom? Devices like wacom tablets will work anywhere on the system because the admin controls let you set up tones of key command and gestures. Why can I customize this to have press down be command-shif-+ and up be command-shift-_ ???

I bought this instead of the griffen powermate but now im thinking this isn't going to let me do simple things like scroll.

Maybe im just confused.

Any suggestions?
joelcarlton

Post by joelcarlton »

Is there a reason why there is no zoom and pan support for Illustrator CS like there is Photoshop? So illustrator does not have 3d but who cares. I wish I could use this device with more stuff. I dont even use google earth or 3d in photoshop so this is pretty much a nice looking paper weight.

By the way the google earth navigation is terrible compared to windows. Terrible. Take my hand off and it moves all over the place on its own, quicktime vr too. I have to click with my mouse in order to make it stop.
UnrealMinds

Post by UnrealMinds »

Please support the following:

- Cinema 4D
- Adobe CS4 completely
- Carrara
- Hexagon
- Bryce
- Swift 3D
- iWorks
- iLife