reversed direction in 3d views in Revit

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

wino

reversed direction in 3d views in Revit

Post by wino »

Hello, please excuse my bad English.

I have trouble with my 3dconnexion spacemouse in use With Revit Architecture :

I can't understand why the directions of my "joystick" are reversed while switching views between standard 3D view (ortho) and perspectives views. The problem is that de standard view is in "object mode" without any possibility to switch to another kind of mode. The others perspectives views are in navigation or fly mode. (In object mode you turn the model while in navigation mode "you" turn as if you where the camera: it is reversed).
So I have to constantly change the settings and it is so annoying that I consider stopping the use of my 3dconnexion device.
As an architectural modeler, I need to turn around the model all the time.
We should be able to tunes the settings for each kind of view (including 2D view) or to be able to switch to a navigation or fly mode while using the standard 3D mode.
For information Archicad allows you to easily switch between objet and camera mode.

Another strange thing but that could be great to program in the driver is : while trying to manualy reverse the direction commands in the control panel, the choice selection of the type of zoom (zoom bye moving forward/backward or up and down) become unusable.

if someone knows a way to manage the problem it would be great.
Thanks
UtaSH

Re: reversed direction in 3d views in Revit

Post by UtaSH »

Hello wino,

the navigation in Revit with the 3D mouse had been implemented by Autodesk. Please address this issue with them. We would be happy to assist if needed. Let us know what you find out.