Any support at all?

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

bstabens

Any support at all?

Post by bstabens »

So I'm already browsing this forum for a while, having bought a Space Navigator I intend to use as a mouse.
I have to say, this is a quite depressing forum. The only parts which seem to be at least a BIT alive are windows and mac forum. As a linux user, this really is discouraging in its own, but then to find some new postings, only to discover it's all spam, spam, spam... so no moderator is EVER having a look into this?

It makes me feel you're not interested in your customers, especially not in linux users. I haven't found a single thread a moderator has been helping an user ending with a positive result.

Yes, it's true, I bought the Space Navigator not for using it as a 3D-device but as a pointing device, which is not its designated use. But it seems I'm not the only one who wants to do so. I really don't get it why you don't want to make MORE money by selling this device to gamers and people like me, who are using it due to health issues.

There are people out there working to make this, all in and by itself, great input tool working for a lot of purposes. I *KNOW* revision 1.10 is working out of the box as an exceptional "joystick-mouse", using buttons and axes for clicking, moving and scrolling. Alas, my model, being revision 1.11 - no chance, and I invested a LOT of hard work into it.

Well, I guess, off this goes on ebay and maybe I'll spend quite some more money on ergonomic input devices offered by people who know about the needs of rheumatic people...

Severely disappointed,
bstabens.
3DFan

Re: Any support at all?

Post by 3DFan »

If you bought something maybe you should send the message to product owner not to look for a help on forums