Spacemouse Enterprise Suggestion on backlighting

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

joedreamliner787

Spacemouse Enterprise Suggestion on backlighting

Post by joedreamliner787 »

I really enjoy my enterprise spacemouse however I enjoy working in the dark while doing CAD work, it would be nice to have all the button illuminate.
Solidmind

Re: Spacemouse Enterprise Suggestion on backlighting

Post by Solidmind »

Yes, definitely! Was thinking about the exact same thing
Kevin K

Post by Kevin K »

+1
majora

Post by majora »

i thought exactly the same here. illuminated buttons would be very nice.

i also would love if all the devices would not look so.. "organic"
but more professional. A bit more square, like modern midi hardware or military gear.
Phil999

Post by Phil999 »

in my opinion, the Spacemouse Enterprise layout is such, that you feel the buttons with your finger tips. I agree, one is tempted to look first, and then push a button. But when you work with this device every day, the muscle memory gets better and better. After a year or two you don't have to look at the device anymore, except for the display occasionally. And even these top 12 buttons get memorised (in your main software you're working with) in your muscle memory after some time.

Concerning working in the dark: I would like to have an option to dim the display. And to set the light temperature from blue-ish to red-ish during the night (this was a feature request a while ago). But I'm afraid this won't be possible for technical reasons. The device is designed to be used in a well lit environment, like in an office.
Space Navigator x2, Space Pilot, Space Pilot Pro, SpaceMouse Enterprise