Long press action

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Magic Man

Long press action

Post by Magic Man »

On the Enterprise, long pressing buttons other than those with specific long press assignable actions pops up the virtual LCD.

Looking at the base.xml file I can see that the virtual LCD call is assigned to specific long press actions. Am I right in thinking that these buttons do in fact support configurable long press actions and it is just the software UI that doesn't make these available for change? I.e. they could be configured separately and there is no hardware limitation to long press button action?

If so, any chance that these additional long press actions could be made easily assignable from the software UI...? perhaps under an additional "Advanced..." or "More..." hidden panel.

Edit: Looks same with SpaceMouse Pro but not SpacePilot Pro where the long press recognition looks potentially hardware related...? (presumably because its design pre-dates the SM Pro and Enterprise)
Magic Man

Re: Long press action

Post by Magic Man »

...device code names are intriguing... :wink: I'm aware of one of them, good to see it's still in the code, perhaps there is a future hope for it... I can guess another... but as for the third one?