8-sided radial menu

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

sient

8-sided radial menu

Post by sient »

The current radial menu support in windows (3DxPieMenus.exe) only allows for four options. It would be nice if this could be extended to 8 (so instead of each option taking 1/4th of the circle, each option would take 1/8th of the circle).

Along the same theme, it would be nice if the offered options could change if you were also pressing a modifier key, ie, shift.
AOstridge

Re: 8-sided radial menu

Post by AOstridge »

This would be great!
f.dinh

Post by f.dinh »

+1! That'd double my available commands, it's just awesome.
rrmccabe

Post by rrmccabe »

I agree. I just bought a wireless 3D mouse to replace my space pilot pro I was not using the buttons on.

I like the radial menu concept but its way short of what it should be.

Ultimately it would be great if you could add your own images to the buttons. Even double click for RM3 and RM4.
Magic Man

Post by Magic Man »

+1
more customisation is always good and potentially opens you to other markets (games etc.)
Phil999

Post by Phil999 »

I'm sure the designers were discussing this, and decided to have 4 options in the radial menu. I think it was the right decision. On the other hand I wouldn't say no if the user could select between 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 options. Maybe even 9 and 10 (especially for the SpaceNavigator that has only two buttons). But I guess (never tried myself) one can use radial menus inside a radial menu. Which would (if true) provide the solution you're asking for already.
Space Navigator x2, Space Pilot, Space Pilot Pro, SpaceMouse Enterprise