SolidWorks Visualize support

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Io_Design

SolidWorks Visualize support

Post by Io_Design »

Just curious if and when SolidWorks Visualize will be supported.

Thanks
UtaSH

Re: SolidWorks Visualize support

Post by UtaSH »

Hello Io_Design,

on the website of SOLIDWORKS they say that SOLIDWORKS Visualize was formerly known as Bunkspeed. If that is the application you have then I only have very little information. Some years ago the manufacturer (Bunkspeed) integrated the support for the 3D mouse in their application (Bunkspeed Shot) and we had the opportunity to test it. Unfortunately the rotation wasn't correct, so it failed the certification. Since then we heard that they improved the navigation with the 3D mouse (V2014.5), but we haven't yet seen a newer version here inhouse. I suggest that you address this with Dassault as the support for the 3D mouse is integrated in the application by the manufacturer. In case you have any helpful news we would be happy if you share it here. Thanks.
JarekO

Post by JarekO »

I have the same problem with Visualize.

But... I have 2 devices now and

1. SpacemousePro - working like a charm
2. Enterprise - not working at all

I've try with 10.4.2 and 10.4.4 - no changing :(

Please help....
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi JarekO,

this sounds as if they integrated the support for the 3D mouse without making use of our SDK (= "raw input" protocol). You can verify by stopping the driver and then see if the SpaceMouse Pro still works.

Any device that was launched after they released the support for the 3D mouse is not recognized because it wasn't known at that time. You need to address this with the support of the manufacturer of Visualize.
Io_Design

Post by Io_Design »

JarekO wrote:I have the same problem with Visualize.

But... I have 2 devices now and

1. SpacemousePro - working like a charm
2. Enterprise - not working at all

I've try with 10.4.2 and 10.4.4 - no changing :(

Please help....
I have the SpaceMouse Pro Wireless. How did you get yours to work in Viz? Driver number? Settings? Mine acts like it wants to work, but no joy.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi Io_Design,

if the support for the 3D mouse in SolidWorks Visualize was integrated without using our SDK, then the SpaceMouse Wireless is very likely not know as well. :(

Please contact Dassault Systèmes and ask for support for the newest 3Dconnexion devices in Visualize. We will contact them as well, but out of our experience I know they listen more to their customers than to us. ;)
Io_Design

Post by Io_Design »

I've already brought the issue up with Dassault and they say their going to look into it... but then again, I brought it up with them back in January and they have yet to take action.

I know that some users have had success getting their SpaceMouse to work in Vizualise. I suspect they were using a legacy driver. Might this be a solution? If so, which driver is most likely to work?

Thanks!
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi Io_Design,

this is not a matter of the right driver, but of the correct device. If the support for the 3D mouse is integrated without making use of our SDK then NO driver is needed. Only those devices can work that are recognized by the application and if you have a newer device then the application won't recognize it.
Io_Design

Post by Io_Design »

No, I haven't got it to work with Viz 2016. It's suppose to be supported in Viz 2017, but I haven't tried. I've pretty much abandoned Viz in favor of KeyShot.