Lock Horizon - Inventor and Solid Works

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

oliver.guest

Lock Horizon - Inventor and Solid Works

Post by oliver.guest »

Hi. Could we get the "Lock Horizon" option in Inventor and Solid Works. These are standard options in both programs when navigating with a 2D mouse so I think it is logical that it is available with a 3D mouse also. Thanks. Oliver
Fred

Re: Lock Horizon - Inventor and Solid Works

Post by Fred »

If its available in both applications create a Macro using the keyboard command for that function.
The instructions are included in the Helpfiles.
Cris_87

Post by Cris_87 »

Hi, I am a 3DS Max user that switched to Inventor for work purposes. Using 3DS Max the 'Lock Horizon' feature really improves the modelling speed avoiding to continuously rotate the model in order to keep the top view always at the top.
Inventor has the same option which works with the standard mouse, but it doesn't work with the 3D mouse.
You suggested to set up a macro to a 3D mouse button. Could we tell the 3D mouse to use an option which is already selected?

Thank you for your support, I think 'lock horizon' is a useful feature to incorporate in the next updates.
Cris
MasseBanan

Post by MasseBanan »

Hi..

Just bought a Space Mouse Pro (Why not earlier, i don't know because its like a dream to use it). I'm also coming from 3DS Max and really miss the "Lock Horizon" feature for Inventor (using new 2016 version). Please add it to the options for Inventor. Everything else, well it works even better than I ever could have imagine :D

Thanks,

Mats Jonasson, PLStudios Inc.
MasseBanan

Post by MasseBanan »

I just want to point out one thing here for Inventor. When I go to the settings for the View Cube I can check "Keep model upright" and everything works as expected if you use the VIEW CUBE to rotate or the Constrained Orbit mode. The problem here is that the settings don't reflect to the 3D Controller :( No matter what settings I check, what macros/shortkeys I set in Inventor (2016) or 3DxWare (10.2.3), as soon as I start rotating with the Space Pilot all constraints are ignored!

It's really stupid that we can do all this with the mouse and the orbit modes but not with the 3D Controller, if you ask me. Why can we do this and why do we have that option in 3DS Max? Because of that function missing, right now it's a pain to work in Inventor :/

Please make that option available asap.

Thanks,

Mats Jonasson, PLStudios Inc.
soby

Post by soby »

For anyone that finds this thread when trying to figure out how to "lock horizon" or use "contained orbit" with a 3D Connexion device, the option exists but is buried in the button configuration menus. refer to the attachment for the exact location of "Roll Mode Toggle".

This option makes a HUGE difference in navigation...
Attachments
RollMode.jpg
RollMode.jpg (69.2 KiB) Viewed 13636 times
zoomer

Post by zoomer »

I'll add Cinema4D that needs a lock horizon.

(VW and Modo already do (well))