Spacepilot does not work with AutoCAD 2002

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

BoostingAWD

Spacepilot does not work with AutoCAD 2002

Post by BoostingAWD »

When I try and manually load the 3DXautocad.arx file in AutoCAD 2002 it tells me unable to load.

IT is telling me that it will not work on AutoCAD 2002. I find this hard to belive because I used it on autocad 14 and NX4 on my previous job. Is there a way to get a new 3DXautocad.arx file besides doing a reinstall? I don't have the admin rights to do it and IT does not want to help.

We are also running UG NX5.

Thanks

Victor
DE SAN NICOLAS

Post by DE SAN NICOLAS »

post de test!
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi BoostingAWD,

Are you using the older "arx" file? The AutoCAD add-in shipped in the latest version of our Windows software supported ACAD 2007 and above only.

If previous versions, you may try using the "archived" add-in available here (select your device, archive and download the "pre-2007" add-in).

Note that the older code is provided "as is" and it is no longer supported by 3Dconnexion.
Nuno Gomes
BoostingAWD

Post by BoostingAWD »

ngomes wrote:Hi BoostingAWD,

Are you using the older "arx" file? The AutoCAD add-in shipped in the latest version of our Windows software supported ACAD 2007 and above only.

If previous versions, you may try using the "archived" add-in available here (select your device, archive and download the "pre-2007" add-in).

Note that the older code is provided "as is" and it is no longer supported by 3Dconnexion.
I tried installing the archived file but I don't have admin rights. Is there a way to just extract the 3dxautocad.arx file?
Bryan

Adminstrative Rights Are Required

Post by Bryan »

Dear BoostingAWD,

If you need administrative rights, I believe you will need to contact your IT department to have the pre-2007 plug-in installed. If IT will not grant you permission to install, then there will little that can be done, since they are in the driver's seat. That is the nature of permissions. AutoCAD 2004 is the oldest version of AutoCAD that I've heard of using our device. If you are in a position to upgrade, AutoCAD 2008 works well with 3DxSoftware Suite 3.6.6.

Sincerely,
Bryan
chaplin21

Re: Spacepilot does not work with AutoCAD 2002

Post by chaplin21 »

Hi,

Where can I find the pre-2007 plug-in?

Thank you.
Bryan

Re: Spacepilot does not work with AutoCAD 2002

Post by Bryan »

www.3dconnexion.com
'Service' Menu
'Driver Download' Page
Check 'Also Show Archived Software'
Search on 'Space Pilot' and 'XP-32'
Look for 'AutoCAD 2006 Plug-In', 3.2.9, 12-01/2006
(The listing got renamed from pre-2007)
The more things change, the more they remain the same. ; ^ )