no smooth movements in SOlid Edge ST3

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Luca Ruggieri

no smooth movements in SOlid Edge ST3

Post by Luca Ruggieri »

Hi to all ,i'm new here.Yesterday got my spacemouse wireless and i installed it on my workstation a Dell 77100 with Intel xenon and Nvidia quadro M4oo . I'm using SOlid Edge ST3 at work .The OS is Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.BUt i have problem when i use the 3d space mouse the movements are not smooth, i dont have the fluidity of movement that my colleagues have.The motion is not smooth ,but ut has jerks ,twitches..Can someone help me ? Thank you in advance.
UtaSH

Re: no smooth movements in SOlid Edge ST3

Post by UtaSH »

Hi Luca,

have you tried if the movement with the 3Dconnexion viewer is jerky as well or is that smooth?

Can you see a peak in the CPU usage when you navigate and have jerky movement?

Do you have an antivirus software running? If yes, which one? See if it helps to create an exception for 3DxService.exe. And check if the USB ports are scanned.

Are you running Solid Edge with elevated privileges? Note that the driver and the application have to run with the same user privileges.
Luca Ruggieri

Post by Luca Ruggieri »

HI and thanks for the reply. I have checked your requests. I have created an exception for 3DxService.exe with mi AVG antivirus, then i have checked if i had a peaks in Windows task while i used my 3DMOUSE and it worked.I' having peaks on Cpu pannel. About Usb ports are ok ,Just i have noticed that when i lunch 3DViwer from 3DHOUSE it doesnt work propertly. I got a tab with black screen and in Windows task bar i see the process that doesnt respond and you have to break down it.About priviliges i checked also you FAQ about SOlidEdge but i could not follow your guide.When i go to column of procceses in Windows task manager i can't create and got such tabs that you have showed in FAQ about SOlidEdge's priviliges.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hello Luca Ruggieri,

can you show a screenshot of the task manager where we can see the process of the 3DxService and of Solid Edge?
reymansingh44

Post by reymansingh44 »

wow this is a great discussion