spacepilot pro issue with NX SW and geomagic studio

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

huanxiang900

spacepilot pro issue with NX SW and geomagic studio

Post by huanxiang900 »

I ust NX8.0 Solidworks 2015 and geomagic studio 12
I found that spacepilot pro is not working with geomagic studio 12(even they said it passed certification)
only zoom in and out is working(like mouse wheel)
and when my spacepilot pro working with solidworks,it can not do pan and zoom at the same time,not seamlessly
but in NX8.0 it works great,
BTW it cant set to different function in on one key at different environment(like part and draft mode,it just cant recognize what mode I am in now)
both in NX and solidworks

is there someone can tell me how to make it working on geomagic studio? is there some plug-in or what?
and how to make it recognize what mode I am in ,then set different function with it
UtaSH

Re: spacepilot pro issue with NX SW and geomagic studio

Post by UtaSH »

Hello huanxiang900,

many years ago Geomagic has implemented the support for the 3D mouse directly into their application without making use of our SDK. I assume that it would be possible to navigate with the 3D mouse after you stopped the driver. Please verify this and let me know what you find out.

If the above is correct we need to create a configuration file for Geomagic to make sure the driver doesn't try to simulate mouse wheel events.
huanxiang900

Post by huanxiang900 »

Hi 3D connexion staff,I fixed that geo issue by switch to Geomagic Design X,and here is something you didnt mention,why it can only move one direction when I use my spacepilot pro to navigate things in Solidworks? I mean, the motion is not simultaneously,for example,if I want to pan and rotate at the same time,SW just Response on the command first being triggered. BUT,when using the NX8.0,I can use it what ever I want, all the move is just smooth and simultaneously.
So can you tell me what is going wrong? I am using Solidworks 2015 on a laptop.Is that because my computer not that good? or SW just dont support simultaneously motion?
huanxiang900

Post by huanxiang900 »

UtaSH wrote:Hello huanxiang900,

many years ago Geomagic has implemented the support for the 3D mouse directly into their application without making use of our SDK. I assume that it would be possible to navigate with the 3D mouse after you stopped the driver. Please verify this and let me know what you find out.

If the above is correct we need to create a configuration file for Geomagic to make sure the driver doesn't try to simulate mouse wheel events.
Hi 3D connexion staff,I fixed that geo issue by switch to Geomagic Design X,and here is something you didnt mention,why it can only move one direction when I use my spacepilot pro to navigate things in Solidworks? I mean, the motion is not simultaneously,for example,if I want to pan and rotate at the same time,SW just Response on the command first being triggered. BUT,when using the NX8.0,I can use it what ever I want, all the move is just smooth and simultaneously.
So can you tell me what is going wrong? I am using Solidworks 2015 on a laptop.Is that because my computer not that good? or SW just dont support simultaneously motion?
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hello huanxiang900,

you should have simultaneous movement in SolidWorks, too.

Please open the 3Dconnexion properties and go to the "Advanced Settings". Verify that the tickbox next to "Dominant" is not activated.

Let me know if you could solve the issue or if you need further assistance.
huanxiang900

Post by huanxiang900 »

UtaSH wrote:Hello huanxiang900,

you should have simultaneous movement in SolidWorks, too.

Please open the 3Dconnexion properties and go to the "Advanced Settings". Verify that the tickbox next to "Dominant" is not activated.

Let me know if you could solve the issue or if you need further assistance.
OK,problem solved,thanks a lot. My spacepilot pro firmware verion is 4.11,is there any firmware upgrade ?
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

No, sorry. The SpacePilot Pro is not eligible for a firmware update.