Windows 10 driver and Chrome

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

bflorac

Windows 10 driver and Chrome

Post by bflorac »

I updated my 3Dconnecxion driver and I can no longer scroll in Chrome. Everything worked fine before the update. The device works just fine in Solidworks. It will scroll correctly in Microsoft Word and Internet Explorer but not the new Microsoft Edge browser.

When I use the device buttons I can see from the properties that it is properly identifying the application (in this case Chrome). I can save properties for chrome and it does create an "Chrome.xml" configuration file.

Any help would be appreciated.

3DxWare 10 version: 10.3.0
3DxWinCore version: 17.3.0.12346
Devices: SpaceNavigator (firmware v.4.31)
Barbara

Re: Windows 10 driver and Chrome

Post by Barbara »

Hello bflorac -

When a new driver version is installed the custom profiles remain in the AppData path - normally intact - but in this case it sounds like something has happened to the Chrome profile.

To clear it, unplug the Space Navigator then locate the Chrome.xml in the AppDat path. It is usually C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\Cfg but on a network can be in ...\AppData\Roaming\...

Delete Chrome.xml then plug the Space Navigator in. The profile will return to the default Chrome.xml in the Program Files path and that should restore Chrome navigation.
----------
Barbara
The Panda

Post by The Panda »

Hello there...
I'm having the same problem with Microsoft edge :( I can't scroll...
The device works just fine with Revit and other programs.
I tried deleting the file in appdata and reinstalling the driver for my spacenavigator but it doesn't work.
help...
suncream

Post by suncream »

Hi, same problem here,
new installation (first Time), chrome on win 10 scrolls up&down, but not sideways?
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

suncream wrote:Hi, same problem here,
new installation (first Time), chrome on win 10 scrolls up&down, but not sideways?
Sideways scroll is not available in Chrome.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

The Panda wrote:Hello there...
I tried deleting the file in appdata and reinstalling the driver for my spacenavigator but it doesn't work.
help...
Hello The Panda,

would you please remove all settings of the driver as described here. Next make sure you have the latest driver installed - 3DxWare 10.4.10.
The Panda

Post by The Panda »

UtaSH wrote:
The Panda wrote:Hello there...
help...
Hello The Panda,

would you please remove all settings of the driver as described here. Next make sure you have the latest driver installed - 3DxWare 10.4.10.
I updated the driver. Seems to be working fine with Microsoft edge. But now I have another problem. It Doesn't work with photoshop :( I can't zoom or pan like before.
In another post someone said That there is a plugin for photoshop from 3dconnexion that enables the spacepilot to work with the program. I can't find it anywhere. :(
Please Help. :(
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi ThePanda,

the plugin is included in the installer package for 3DxWare 10. Just do a default installation (install all plugins) and the plugin for Photoshop will be installed automatically.