SpacePilot 3DSMax object selection problem

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Alpenshiva

SpacePilot 3DSMax object selection problem

Post by Alpenshiva »

Hello!

I have two similar pcs, one on windows7 64, the other on windows8 64.
Both have 3dsmaxdesign 2014 sp5 as well as spacepilot with current drivers.

Windows 7 works fine.
But on win8, after navigating with spacepilot, most of the time it´s not possible to pick an object anymore.
I then have to select all objects (ctrl a), deselect them and pick an object again. Once an object is selected, all other elements can be selected as well. As long as I do not touch the spacepilot.
It seems that spacepilot deactivates the objects for picking them.
This does NOT happen when I use the 3dsmax orbit to change the view. It only occurs after spacepilot navigation.
And then it´s only on the win8 machine.

This is annoying! :(
Is there a solution to the problem?
Thanks, Alpenshiva
UtaSH

Re: SpacePilot 3DSMax object selection problem

Post by UtaSH »

Hello Alpenshiva,

please exchange both devices: attach the 3D mouse from the Win7 machine at the Win8 machine and vice versa. Does the problem stick to the machine or does it stick to the device?

Do you have a SpacePilot or a SpacePilot Pro? Which driver version is installed?
Alpenshiva

Post by Alpenshiva »

Hi Uta,
I tried 3dsMaxDesign 2015 on the win8 machine with driver 10.1.4 and space pilot pro.
3ds2015 does not have any problems.

Seems that it only occurs on 3ds2014.
This also shows that spacepilot pro works fine.
koy

Post by koy »

i too have had this exact problem in 2014 and it's been making me totally nuts, i developed the same work around of 'select all then undo', but wow what a pain. Going to try the 2015 version and see if theres any additional issues.
wdc600

Post by wdc600 »

Hi,

I have the same Problem from 3Ds Max 2011 to 2015 with Space Pilot, SpaceMouse Pro and SpaceNavigator (Win 7 x64).
So my szenes are really huge with a lot of objects in it. So when I use the Space* to navigate and then I want to select a lot of objects (by rectangle selection over them) not every object is selected (Auto Window Crossing by Direction is´t the prob). Or I select all objects in a smaller Szene and navigate then I want to deselect some objects by holding the ALT-key some objects are like frozen and are unable to deselect. So my solution for the moment is to navigate with the Space* device then pressing middle mouse button for panning a bit then the viewport seems to refresh the objects and all objects are able to select/deselect them.

To fix this is very important I think.

Thanx and best regards,

Daniel