Several apps reacting on SpaceNavigator at the SAME time

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

frog

Several apps reacting on SpaceNavigator at the SAME time

Post by frog »

I've tried to use SpaceNavigator with release software/drivers (3.16.2 / 6.16.1) under Windows 7 64 bit.

When I open several applications with SpaceNavigator support (for example - Rhino 4 and Photoshop CS5). I'm moving/rotating SpaceNavigator and see that BOTH applications starts changing view AT SAME TIME ! (i'm using two monitors, but with one it is the same problem).
So, with SpaceNavigator I need to open only one application. It is really inconvenient.

I've uninstalled release and tried beta drivers. This bug disappears, but there is another bug with beta:
http://www.3dconnexion.it/forum/viewtop ... =36&t=6795

So, two set of drivers and no one works correctly..
Bryan

Re: Several apps reacting on SpaceNavigator at the SAME time

Post by Bryan »

Dear Frog,

When you have Rhino 4 open and Photoshop CS5 open, which application has the windows focus?
If you change the focus to the other application, what happens?
If you open Rhino 5 and some other application, say maybe the Jet Demo, what do you observe? Does it make a difference which window is the active window?
If you close Rhino 5 and open Photoshop CS5 and open a second application, like the Jet Demo, what do you you observe? Does it make a difference which window is the active window?
Other than input from the SpaceNavigator, do you observe any other simultaneous behavior when you have Rhino 4 open and Photoshop CS5, such as from keyboard input or regular Windows mouse input?

Sincerely,
Bryan
The more things change, the more they remain the same. ; ^ )
frog

Re: Several apps reacting on SpaceNavigator at the SAME time

Post by frog »

Bryan, I can't check it now because I've uninstalled release and installed BETA drivers ( viewtopic.php?f=36&t=6795&p=30289#p30289 ) but that what I remember:

> When you have Rhino 4 open and Photoshop CS5 open, which application has the windows focus?

Only one (never mind PS or Rhino). I.e., second app doesn't need to be in focus to react on moving SpaceNavigator while working in first app. Same with Keyshot, for example. It seems that it is not depend on application.

> If you change the focus to the other application, what happens?

See above - the same effect. Just a little difference - application which in focus reacts on moving SpaceNavigator much faster than which not in focus.

> If you open Rhino 5 and some other application, say maybe the Jet Demo, what do you observe? Does it make a difference which window is the active window?

See above

> If you close Rhino 5 and open Photoshop CS5 and open a second application, like the Jet Demo, what do you you observe?
> Does it make a difference which window is the active window?

I dont' remember exactly about Jet Demo, but with other three (PS, Rhino, Keyshot) there a same problem independ of order of app close/run.

> Other than input from the SpaceNavigator, do you observe any other simultaneous behavior when you have Rhino 4 open and Photoshop CS5, such as from
> keyboard input or regular Windows mouse input?

No. Only with SpaceNavigator. Mouse and keyboard works ok (all devices connected to one USB hub at same time).

Peter
p.s. I like beta driver much better than release, but as I saw beta build not very fresh.. Do you plan to fix problems with beta?
Thanks!