Space Navigator Won't Work

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

godsil00

Space Navigator Won't Work

Post by godsil00 »

I have had this Space Navigator for a few years and it has been great. I recently built a new computer and it included Windows 10. Ever since then it will work sporadically. I can open Solidworks and open a new part file and it works, I then open a file that has been previously saved with data in it and it stops working. I can then go back to the new part file and it doesn't work in that one either. I can close it all down and do it again and again, it works fine with a new file but opening any other previously saved files and it goes dead. I have followed a lot of different things I have found on the internet and no luck in fixing it.
UtaSH

Re: Space Navigator Won't Work

Post by UtaSH »

Hello godsil00,

I apologize the trouble you encounter. It might be that you are experiencing an issue that we are tracking with our internal bug number #WIN-62. The driver recognizes SolidWorks erroneously as DezignWorks. A workaround (until we release the next driver version with the fix) would be:
  1. Stop the driver.
  2. Open a new file explorer window and navigate to the 3Dconnexion root directory. By default, the path is: C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3DxWare.
  3. Go to 3DxWinCore64 > Cfg.
  4. Scroll down to find “DezignWorks.xml” and delete it.
  5. Restart the driver and check to see what application is recognized by the driver.
RS_3D

Post by RS_3D »

Thank you UtaSH!!....I was having the same issue. This fix works perfectly fine.
daggius

Post by daggius »

This worked as far as getting SpaceNavigator to recognize SolidWorks instead of DezignWorks, but the mouse still does not work in Solidworks.
Kevo93

Post by Kevo93 »

Non riesco a fare partire il mio mouse 3D connexion sul mio computer.
La versione del mio pc è Windows 10 pro versione 1909 build 18363.720.

Le ho provate di ogni ma quando inserisco il mouse esce non riconosciuto, richiesta descrittore dispositivo non riconosciuta!

Il dispositivo ha riportato un problema ed è stato interrotto. (Codice 43)
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi Kevo93,

it might be that you have to uninstall the driver that you can see in the Device Manager for your SpaceNavigator. Before you do this please uninstall the 3Dconnexion driver, then uninstall the driver that is shown by the operating system in the device manager. Unplug the device and reboot. Then plug in the device again and see if it is recognized now.

Note that your device is almost 10 years old and it might be that there is a problem now with it's functionality.
EB_CW

Post by EB_CW »

My 3Dconnexion space puck won’t work either. I am WFH and remoting in to my work PC. I do not have administrative rights on my work PC..

Two separate IT Departments within our company haven’t been able to fix this issue (for NOT just me). I also have a second monitor, mouse, and key card keyboard from work plugged in to my home computer and they all work fine.

Need the functionality of the space puck for use with NX..
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

This post might help you.