10.5.5 X64 driver for Windows has issue on Inventor

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

wvmstr

10.5.5 X64 driver for Windows has issue on Inventor

Post by wvmstr »

The functionality of the 10.5.5 driver is not the same on Inventor as it was with version 10.5.4

Space Navigator:
left button is programmed for Inventor to Zoom All
right button is for Zoom Window in Inventor

hitting the right button reveals the cross hairs and moving the mouse let me make a selection

hitting the right button does nothing there are no cross hairs UNTIL AFTER I MOVE THE MOUSE

Why?

Second, I used to be able to open up 3D Connexion Home and set these custom functionalities. 10.5.5 driver has eliminated that option. THERE IS NO WAY FOR ME TO CHANGE THE MAPPING

Why?
UtaSH

Re: 10.5.5 X64 driver for Windows has issue on Inventor

Post by UtaSH »

Hello wvmstr,

I am not aware that we have changed the default button mapping for the SpaceNavigator in Inventor. I am sorry if you encounter problems.

If the default mapping is not what you need you can change it in the driver panel. This can be opened by one of the following possibilities:
  1. Double click the 3Dconnexion icon in the system tray.
  2. Right-click the 3Dconnexion icon in the system tray and select the first item in the little popup menu: "Open 3Dconnexion Properties".
  3. Open the 3Dconnexion Home window and then click "Settings". (Note that the 3Dconnexion Home window might be hidden behind another dominant window.)
Please let me know if this helps.