Driver Installation

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

yt52nwb

Driver Installation

Post by yt52nwb »

Hello everyone, new to the forum and would like some help please. Just purchased and received the SpaceMouse Wireless. I've had it over a day now and not been able to use it, I am unable to get the drivers to install. I am running Win 10 and checked for viruses etc. I downloaded the latest drivers 10-5-5 and ran the installation. Everything goes fine, all the various folders are unpacked etc, up to the point when InstallShield Wizard starts. I select English and click ok for the installation to continue. A progress bar pops up stating 3Dx Ware10 is preparing InstallShield, it then stops responding and a box appears stating that SetUp.exe has stopped working. That's as far as I can get. As said, i've checked for viruses, re-booted, tried safe mode. I have sent a couple of tickets to Tech support, but no reply as yet. Any suggestions please? Dave.
UtaSH

Re: Driver Installation

Post by UtaSH »

Hello yt52nwb,

we are aware on an issue which causes the installer to fail: “Installer crashes when DEP (Data Execution Prevention) is set to AlwaysOn”

See as well here.

Can you please try disabling data execution prevention if it is enabled (or creating an exception for the 3DxWare installer), and then running the installer? If this is not possible, we have reports that manually installing the .msi driver components is successful. You can find information on how to deploy the driver silently here: http://www.3dconnexion.com/faq/1114 (page 5 of the PDF).

Please let us know if this fixes your problem with the installation or if you need further assistance. Thanks!