Is the IBM Space Pilot 3D Still support

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

jweaver

Is the IBM Space Pilot 3D Still support

Post by jweaver »

I am a casual Sketchup user and fancy trying a 3D mouse, but don't have a huge budget.

I have been offered a cheap "SpacePilot 3D" which seems old, but I can't find any drivers for it..

Do the current drivers support it? If not, is it possible to get Sketchup working with the legacy drivers?

Jon
UtaSH

Re: Is the IBM Space Pilot 3D Still support

Post by UtaSH »

Hello Jon,

the SpacePilot is end-of-life since 8 years and out-of-software-support since 5 years. The last offical driver for the SpacePilot for Windows is 3DxSoftware 3.1.63 from March 2013. You can find it in our driver archive.
We would like to clarify that SpacePilot was discontinued in March 2010 and software support was maintained for three years. This means we continued to test the product with all new drivers until March 31st 2013.

After this date, we did not take any steps to stop SpacePilot working, but it is not tested with newer drivers. This means we do not list these drivers when you search for SpacePilot on the driver download page. However, if you download our latest a more recent driver 3DxWare 10.4.10 from our driver archive site (https://www.3dconnexion.com/service/arc ... ivers.html) by searching for another product (I suggest SpaceMouse Pro or SpacePilot Pro), there is a chance it will work fine with your SpacePilot and SketchUp (only up to version 2017). Please be aware that because SpacePilot is not tested with this driver we will not be able to offer further technical support (but we hope that is not necessary).
So the last available (but not officially supported) driver is 3DxWare 10.4.10 from our driver archive.

Note that the latest free version of SketchUp (web browser based) does not support our 3D mouse devices.